• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU Soccer Battles to 2-2 Draw vs. Houston

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

GoFrogs: TCU Battles to 2-2 Draw vs. Houston

FORT WORTH - No. 21 TCU battled to a 2-2 tie against Houston Thursday night at Garvey-Rosenthal Soccer Stadium. Seven Castain and Gracie Brian each tallied a goal in the game for the Horned Frogs.

The Rundown
Seven Castain and Gracie Brian each tallied in the first half to give the Horned Frogs a 2-0 lead going into the break.

Castain struck in the 19th minute when she outbattled her defender and raced in from the left side of the box. She crossed the ball to her left foot and fired it into the back of the net to give the Frogs a 1-0 advantage.

In the 27th minute, Brian struck for the Frogs second goal of the half. AJ Hennessey found Olivia Hasler with a cross to the left side of the field. Hasler's feed to Brian in the middle of the box was in the right spot for Brian and she did the rest, giving the Frogs a 2-0 lead.

Houston answered with two goals of its own in the second. The Cougars cut the deficit in half in the 68th. Aryanna Jimison scored off a free kick. Six minutes later, Jimison scored her second goal of the contest with a 28-yard strike that ricocheted in off the crossbar.

TCU had numerous chances in the second half to get on the board. The Frogs tallied 17 shots in the half, putting eight on frame. The best chance for the Frogs came in the 51st minute when AJ Hennessy delivered a shot on frame that was deflected out of danger by the Houston goalkeeper.

Stat of the Game
- TCU has an unbeaten streak of 11 Big 12 matches at Garvey-Rosenthal dating back to the 2021 season.

Quotes of the Game:
Head Coach Eric Bell
Overall thoughts on the game

" It was kind of a tale of two halves. I thought we were on the front foot most of the first half. We did the things that we practiced in order to be successful. We scored two really good goals. I don't think that we responded in kind in the second half or do the things that we wanted to do. I think Houston increased their level and I don't know necessarily if we responded properly."

Notes
• TCU outshot its opponent for the 12th time this season.
• TCU earned more corner kicks than its opponents for the 10th time this year.
Seven Castain scored her seventh goal of the year and the ninth of her career.
Gracie Brian scored her seventh goal of the year and the 33rd of her career.
AJ Hennessey tallied her fourth assist of the year and the seventh of her career.
Olivia Hasler collected her second assist of the year and the ninth of her career.
Gracie Brian, Grace Coppinger, Olivia Hasler and Jennie Immethun all played the entirety of the match.

Up Next
TCU (9-4-3) hosts Baylor on Sunday at 1 p.m. The game will be televised on Big Now on ESPN+.