• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU Concludes Charlie Thomas Invitational

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
https://gofrogs.com/news/2020/2/8/womens-indoor-track-tcu-concludes-charlie-thomas-invitational.aspx

GoFrogs: TCU Concludes Charlie Thomas Invitational

COLLEGE STATION, Texas — TCU's men's and women's track and field teams competed at the Charlie Thomas Invitational from Feb. 7-8. Both the men and women finished sixth in their respective team standings.

First-place Finishes
Jill Johnson - high jump - 1.73m
Derrick Mokaleng - 400m - 46.35

Initial School Record
Freshman Sam Corley registered TCU's first Heptathlon record with a score of 5034.

Men's 60m

The Horned Frogs had two top-five finishers in the 60m. TJ Brock (6.73) took third while Tinotenda Matiyenga (6.82) placed 5th.

Women's Mile
Mariah Castillo's time of 4:43.89 in the women's mile earned her a second-place finish in the women's mile. She dropped just over 11 seconds off her previous season best from the Red Raider Invitational.

Women's Pole Vault
Both Tysen Townsend and Kendahl Shue vaulted 3.93m in a tie for third place.

Men's 4x400
TCU's men's 4x400 team consisting of Jostyn Andrews, Mokaleng, Simbarashe Maketa and Matiyenga ran a season-best 4:08.24 en route to a second-place finish.

Coach Anderson's Thoughts
"We had some good performances across the board," head coach Darryl Anderson said. "First of all, you always commend the people that win like Derrick (Mokaleng) in the 400m with a season best 46.35 and Jill (Johnson) winning the high jump again. Mariah (Castillo) is getting better by leaps and bounds and coach Morgan is really doing a good job with her. The men's mile relay had a season best but I feel confident that they're going to run a whole lot faster than that. All in all I thought we got some good things done. I like where we are right now and we're just going to keep pushing forward."