GoFrogs: TCU Walks Off In Grand Fashion
David Bishop sent the game to extras with a two out single in the ninth and walked it off with an 11th inning grand slam as TCU rallied for the 11-7 victory over Incarnate Word. The freshman went 5-for-5 with five RBIs in the game.
Tied at four heading to the eighth, a see-saw battle ensued. Incarnate Word took a 5-4 lead in the top of the frame on a two out single from Hernan Yanez. TCU responded in the bottom of the inning with a two run triple from Luke Boyers to put the Frogs back in front, 6-5.
A failure to turn a game-ending double play in the top of the ninth allowed two runs to score giving UIW the 7-6 lead. Elijah Nunez worked a lead-off walk and moved to second on a wild pitch. David Bishop's fourth hit of the night tied the game.
In the 11th, Nunez ignited the offense with a base hit. An infield single by Tommy Sacco followed by an intentional walk to Gray Rodgers loaded the bases. Bishop launched the walk-off grand slam on the first pitch to win the game.
Drew Hill (1-0) was brilliant in relief, retiring all six batters he faced and registering three strikeouts. Caedmon Parker started and allowed four runs (two earned) on five hits, walked three and fanned four in four innings in the no-decision.
TCU struck for a trio of runs in the first to take the lead. Nunez stole third and scored on an errant throw for the first run of the game. Bobby Goodloe's first home run of the season made it a 3-0 game.
After UIW made it 3-1, Goodloe restored the three run lead with a sacrifice fly in the third. Incarnate Word tied the game with three runs in the fifth helped along by two TCU errors.
Stat of the Game:
5 – David Bishop had a career-high five hits in the game and drove in the final five runs of the contest. His base hit in the ninth tied the game and his fifth home run of the season, a grand slam, won the game.
• TCU improved to 3-0 in extra inning games this year.
• TCU tallied double-digit runs for the 13th time this season.
• TCU recorded double-digit hits for the 17th time this year.
• TCU homered in a game for the 25th time this season.
• TCU hit multiple home in game for the 12th time this year.
• TCU stole multiple bases (3) for the 18th time this year.
• TCU was outhit by its opponent for the 19th time this year.
• TCU fanned double-digit batters for the 19th time this season.
• TCU turned two double plays in the game.
• David Bishop's walk-off home run was the second of the year for TCU (Luke Boyers vs. Army; March 12)
• Bishop hit his fifth home run of the season.
• Bishop recorded his 13th career multi-hit and 11th career multi-RBI game.
• Tommy Sacco collected his 20th multi-hit game of the season and the 33rd of his career.
• Sacco has hit safely in six straight games and reached safely in nine straight.
• Luke Boyers stretched his reached base streak to 17 games.
• Boyers tallied his ninth multi-RBI game of the year and the 15th of his career.
• Bobby Goodloe hit his first home run of the season and the third of his career.
• Goodloe posted his fifth multi-hit game of the season and the 11th of his career.
• Goodloe registered his third multi-RBI game of the year and the seventh of his career.
With the win, TCU improves to 29-18 on the season. The Horned Frogs will wrap up conference play this weekend at Kansas. Friday's first pitch is set for 6 p.m. at Hoglund Park. The contest will be televised on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.