• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU at Baylor Baseball Series Preview

East Coast

Tier 1
We have 4 more wins plus the tiebreaker on Baylor. Even if we get swept by WVU Baylor will have to win 5 of their last 6 to pass us. They are at 1st place OU next weekend so it is going to be tough for them. The last weekend they host UCF, who may need some wins as well.

NewFrogFan

If Silva leaves after this season for the draft, he has cost himself a lot of money this season. He is not even close to what he was last year.
With his complete meltdown with a bat, I dont see him getting drafted at all.

I dont remember format of Big 12, are their first round games that are single elem?

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I dont remember format of Big 12, are their first round games that are single elem?
2024 Phillips 66 Big 12 Baseball Championship Schedule
Tuesday, May 21

Game 1 – No. 6 seed vs. No. 7 seed – 9 a.m. CT – Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 2 – No. 4 seed vs. No. 9 seed – 12:30 p.m. CT – Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 3 – No. 5 seed vs. No. 8 seed – 4 p.m. CT – Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 4 – No. 3 seed vs. No. 10 seed – 7:30 p.m. CT – Big 12 Now on ESPN+

Wednesday, May 22
Game 5 – Game 1 Loser vs. Game 2 Loser – 9 a.m. CT – Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 6 – No. 1 seed vs. Lower-seeded winner of Games 1 & 2 – 12:30 p.m. CT – Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 7 – Game 3 Loser vs. Game 4 Loser – 4 p.m. CT – Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 8 – No. 2 seed vs. Lower-seeded winner of Games 3 & 4 – 7:30 p.m. CT – Big 12 Now on ESPN+

Thursday, May 23
Game 9 – Game 5 Winner vs. Game 6 Loser – 9 a.m. CT – Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 10 – Game 6 Winner vs. Higher-seeded winner of Games 1 & 2 – 12:30 p.m. CT – Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 11 – Game 7 Winner vs. Game 8 Loser – 4 p.m. CT – ESPNU
Game 12 – Game 8 Winner vs. Higher-seeded winner of Games 3 & 4 – 7:30 p.m. CT – ESPNU

Friday, May 24
Game 13 – Game 10 Loser vs. Game 9 Winner – 9 a.m. CT – Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 14 – Game 10 Winner vs. Game 13 Winner (semifinal) – 12:30 p.m. CT – Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 15 – Game 12 Loser vs. Game 11 Winner – 4 p.m. CT – Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Game 16 – Game 12 Winner vs. Game 15 Winner (semifinal) –7:30 p.m. CT – Big 12 Now on ESPN+

Saturday, May 25
Game 17 – Championship Game – 6 p.m. CT – ESPNU

FrogBall09

We have 4 more wins plus the tiebreaker on Baylor. Even if we get swept by WVU Baylor will have to win 5 of their last 6 to pass us. They are at 1st place OU next weekend so it is going to be tough for them. The last weekend they host UCF, who may need some wins as well.
We need Baylor to lose the OU series and then sweep UCF

Endless Purple

View attachment 15916
We are 8 at the moment.

we are one up in the loss column to Tech and have the tiebreaker against them. so that’s a good position for us at the moment.

UCF is currently 2 up in the loss column. So it’s going to go down to the wire, but we are “behind them if they win more than they lose.

we are two back of KState in the loss column as well and have the tie breaker. They go to Morgantown this coming weekend. so never know what might happen up there.
Thanks

hometown frog

Who are you benching for Brunson?
Good question but once he’s back I’d rather have his bat and glove in the field compared to Arthur. (I think Jack has been one of the better bats in the lineup last two weekends.)

brunson was hitting around 300 most of the year and has been a ++ defender out in CF except for a few freshman bonehead moments.

id slide Sam to LF and put Chase back in CF. (Then hope like hell Jack keeps the hot bat as a PH.)

all moot until he’s healthy.