• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU at Baylor Baseball Series Preview

PurpleBlood87

You were not wrong - our coaches got bailed out by a slider in the zone but that was a huge gamble with Tolle and really a bad decision that they got away with
CKS seems give pitchers too much rope and doesn't have the bullpen ready when they get to the end of their rope.
He seems to want them to work their way out of rough situations instead of doing what is best for the team.
Hope that makes sense.

FrogBall09

CKS seems give pitchers too much rope and doesn't have the bullpen ready when they get to the end of their rope.
He seems to want them to work their way out of rough situations instead of doing what is best for the team.
Hope that makes sense.
Well I don’t think Loos is making that decision honestly- I know he may be the guy to go get the ball when we need a change but from what I can tell, our 38 yr veteran pitching coach seems to be making even that call

However I agree that they lean toward too much rope side - which was somewhat annoying earlier in the year and we don’t have a deep bullpen now because a lot of guys didn’t get that many chances for whatever reason

But given that we are basically in the playoffs right now due to our record, everyone should have a really short leash - particularly this weekend against Baylor where every game is game 7

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Next Up:
With the win, TCU improves to 27-16 on the season and 11-14 in Big 12 play. The Horned Frogs and the Bears will face off in Game 2 at a newly-announced time of 1 p.m. on Saturday afternoon. Zack Morris will get the start for the Horned Frogs. The game will be televised on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.

FrogBall09

Next Up:
With the win, TCU improves to 27-16 on the season and 11-14 in Big 12 play. The Horned Frogs and the Bears will face off in Game 2 at a newly-announced time of 1 p.m. on Saturday afternoon. Zack Morris will get the start for the Horned Frogs. The game will be televised on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.

We are now .5 game up on Sux2BU and in 10th for the tournament. We have 2 more wins that BU but 3 less conference games remaining.

Winning the series but splitting the last 2 would end us there going into our final series against WVU - the hottest team in the b12. Having a 2 win lead would be nice but not overly comfortable given Baylor has 6 left and a series against UCF but they would have to win 3 more than us so anything short of being swept by WVU would probably be good enough.

Sweeping BU would put us 2.5 up (4 more wins) with the bears having the land thieves and UCF remaining - effectively they would have to win 5 of 6 at that point since we would have the tie breaker.

Losing the last 2 against Sux2BU would pretty much put a fork in us and we would need to pray the swept UCF if UCF doesn’t sweep Houston and put them too far ahead

Last edited:

ShreveFrog

Keeping Abeldt in kept another bullpen arm fresh for Saturday. After Tolle, I’m not sure we have a starter we can count on to even give us 3 innings. Need a fresh pen. Plus, what if you take Ben out and the pen blows that lead? Season ending gut punch. Ben meant no life for Bears. That’s all I’ve got.