• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Soccer Falls To Texas A&M In NCAA Tournament

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
https://gofrogs.com/news/2018/11/16/womens-soccer-tcu-falls-to-texas-am-in-ncaa-tournament.aspx

GoFrogs: Soccer Falls To Texas A&M In NCAA Tournament

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. –No. 8 Texas A&M struck for a pair of second-half goals to hand TCU a 2-0 loss in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. The Horned Frogs season comes to an end with a 13-5-3 record

The Rundown
TCU and Texas A&M played to a 0-0 tie at the half with the Aggies holding a 6-3 shot advantage. Emily Alvarado was tested early as she was forced to make a pair of saves in the first four minutes of the game.

The match settled into a rhythm as both teams made a concerted effort to prevent shots. Twice TCU got a foot on the ball only to see an Aggie defender get in the way. Karitas Tomasdottir had the best look in the half with a shot just as time was expiring.

Out of the half, Texas A&M came out firing. The first goal of the match came out of a broken play as Ally Watt stole the ball and blasted a quick shot into the upper far corner of the goal from about 20 yards out in the 52ndminute.

TCU pushed back and had looks at the equalizer. Chaylyn Hubbard came mere inches from tying the game as her shot in the 70thminute curled just outside the goal post.

The Aggies struck again in the 76thminute following a corner kick. The feed was blocked away by TCU, but right to the foot of Addie McCain. She took the shot from the top of the penalty box and found a corner for a 2-0 lead.

Alvardo did her part to keep the Frogs in the match, making five saves in the second half, but the Frogs couldn't solve the Aggie defense in falling by a 2-0 score.

Stat of the Game
Emily Alvarado made eight saves in the contest, including five in the second half.

Quotes of the Game
Head Coach Eric Bell

Opening statement
"Congratulations to Texas A&M on a job well done and I wish them all the best as they continue on into the tournament. It wasn't our day today. It wasn't our best showing. Unfortunately we weren't as sharp as I thought we were going to be. But hats off to A&M for doing what they did. I am proud of our group and the season that we had. It is definitely a stepping stone moving forward in our program."

On the senior class
"As I told them in our huddle, I am very proud of them. They put our program in a place we have never been. They are a big piece in where we are at right now and I owe them a huge debt of gratitude for what they have accomplished on the field and off the field. But as we talk about on the field, we lose a large group of ladies that have done some outstanding things for our program."

TCU senior defender Cachet Lue
On her four years at TCU
"I just think about when I was recruited and where they were while watching their games back then and what Eric and Ryan told me what they wanted to do with the program. I think we laid out a foundation that people can follow and we are moving this program in a direction of where we want to be from four years ago to four years from now. And I am really proud of that. I am proud of the past four years I have had here with my teammates and the other seniors."

Notes
• The Nov. 16 match date is the latest match ever played in program history.
• TCU fell to 1-3-0 all-time in the NCAA Tournament.
• TCU was outshot for just the ninth time this season.
• TCU allowed the first goal for the ninth time this season.
• TCU was shutout for just the fifth time this season.
Messiah Bright and Kayla Hill led the team with two shots each.
Yazmeen Ryan, Cachet Lue, Chaylyn Hubbard, Kayla Hill Brandi Peterson and Karitas Tomasdottir played the entirety of the match.