• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: OU at TCU Baseball Series Preview

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
wheels coming GIF by FirstAndMonday
Wheel

NewFrogFan

We lost some talent that went on a great streak last year. We are just trying to figure out if we are any good and who we are going to be. No surprises so far this year. As always, let’s wait till May.
25 losses by then. What ”we” are seeing now by older players, was not seen last year. The pitching is getting much worse, the defensive problems were no where like this last year. They are running out of room on the schedule to lose games.

Paint It Purple

This team is younger than I realized and are suddenly making freshman mistakes. I saw a glimmer of senior leadership from Byrne right before he hit the dinger. Not sure if it was leadership or frustration. Silva should be a leader on this team, but his play seems lackadaisical. Defensively, our arms are really weak. By comparison Kansas and Oklahoma looked bigger, stronger and faster.

Just my observations

FrogBall09

This team is younger than I realized and are suddenly making freshman mistakes. I saw a glimmer of senior leadership from Byrne right before he hit the dinger. Not sure if it was leadership or frustration. Silva should be a leader on this team, but his play seems lackadaisical. Defensively, our arms are really weak. By comparison Kansas and Oklahoma looked bigger, stronger and faster.

Just my observations
We are not that young - yes we have 4 freshman playing a significant role but that’s not crazy in the NIL free transfer world

We have lots of new faces but honestly we had a ton of new faces last year also outside of 2 key guys - so why do we continue to have to pull new players vs develop those we have?

We seem to not be great at the portal honestly - last year was ok portal performance wise but nothing spectacular and this year seems to below average compared to other programs at our level

PurpleBlood87

We are not that young - yes we have 4 freshman playing a significant role but that’s not crazy in the NIL free transfer world

We have lots of new faces but honestly we had a ton of new faces last year also outside of 2 key guys - so why do we continue to have to pull new players vs develop those we have?

We seem to not be great at the portal honestly - last year was ok portal performance wise but nothing spectacular and this year seems to below average compared to other programs at our level
I don't know Richardson was a nice add at second base last season and Austin Davis was sufficient.