• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: No. 15 TCU at No. 3 Oklahoma State Baseball Series Preview

helcap

Never said that. Personally, I felt like it was a predictable win in the way it was won
Another poster did, which is what I was responding to
Obviously we all wish we had a Feldman to come in to close it out, but we don't. Ridings doesn't have the punch out
stuff to allow the number of base runners he does. You have already stated you don't trust Wright. How would you have managed the pitchers the last couple of innings

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
giphy.gif

Pharm Frog

Another poster did, which is what I was responding to
Obviously we all wish we had a Feldman to come in to close it out, but we don't. Ridings doesn't have the punch out at
stuff to allow the number of base runners he does. You have already stated you don't trust Wright. How would you have managed the pitchers the last couple of innings

Given what we have going now....I don't think we can even think about having a "closer". Go matchup instead of the traditional set-up then closer thing. If you are getting outs....you stay get more outs.

Dogfrog

Both a little scary and fun to see Saarloos throw guys in there he obviously believes in. He has struggled some but Spenrath did provide the winning run.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Having Krob come out of the bullpen should be a huge weapon these last few weeks of the season. It gives KS so many options having a guy like Krob that can go multiple innings late in the game.

PurpleBlood87

who do you want saarloos to put in that you know is going to get the job done?

just curious which lock down guy was bypassed to put river in to start the 9th?

Depending on the match up what about Augie or Wright?
Maybe get River some work in a low pressure situation. It appears Saarloos has lost faith in him to finish things out.
You can have your close coming in and hitting people or walking them.

Eight

Depending on the match up what about Augie or Wright?
Maybe get River some work in a low pressure situation. It appears Saarloos has lost faith in him to finish things out.
You can have your close coming in and hitting people or walking them.

augie had already been used by saarloos earlier in the game.

he actually was giving river a chance to pitch in a lower pressure situation. frogs had a 3-run lead needing 3 outs. not exactly a do or die situation.

as far as why not wright? only saarloos can answer that question though coming into today i am not sure he had stacked back to back performances where he got the job done

Last edited:

Punter1

Was hopeful Krob coulda been used Tues against DBU, which for RPI purposes, is pretty much a conf game. But I'm glad we used him well today.

The good news is we don't have a Tues game after FSU so our entire staff will be available this weekend pretty much giving us Krob, Parker and even Cam Brown as (long) reliever options.

Eight

Was hopeful Krob coulda been used Tues against DBU, which for RPI purposes, is pretty much a conf game. But I'm glad we used him well today.

The good news is we don't have a Tues game after FSU so our entire staff will be available this weekend pretty much giving us Krob, Parker and even Cam Brown as (long) reliever options.

watching saarloos in the video, would seem they are going to be very careful with krob for a bit and have things develop on their own
be it as a starter or a reliever

Pharm Frog

watching saarloos in the video, would seem they are going to be very careful with krob for a bit and have things develop on their own
be it as a starter or a reliever
I think this is the intention for sure. Now I don’t know Krob at all other than what I’ve seen him do, but sometimes these intentions are sidelined in part (and unfortunately sometimes in full) by an avid competitor who basically refuses to yield. While it’s true that the coach has the final say, sometimes the player can make it near impossible to exercise that right.

We heard Chuck say 1 inning this weekend, 2 next, 3 in the week after that, and 4 the following. Now Chuck didn’t pull that out of his arse….and after a 13ish pitch 7th, Krob came back in for the 8th. But from where I sit, the Frogs cannot afford to be without a healthy Krob if a post-season run is the objective. And Krob needs to be healthy and effective for himself and the Frogs.

Eight

I think this is the intention for sure. Now I don’t know Krob at all other than what I’ve seen him do, but sometimes these intentions are sidelined in part (and unfortunately sometimes in full) by an avid competitor who basically refuses to yield. While it’s true that the coach has the final say, sometimes the player can make it near impossible to exercise that right.

We heard Chuck say 1 inning this weekend, 2 next, 3 in the week after that, and 4 the following. Now Chuck didn’t pull that out of his arse….and after a 13ish pitch 7th, Krob came back in for the 8th. But from where I sit, the Frogs cannot afford to be without a healthy Krob if a post-season run is the objective. And Krob needs to be healthy and effective for himself and the Frogs.

agree that he is a very big part of the their season beyond the next month so it will be interesting to see how he is used and progresses over the next month