• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Kramer Adds Three to 2020 Volleyball Roster

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
GoFrogs: Kramer Adds Three to 2020 Volleyball Roster

FORT WORTH -- TCU volleyball welcomes three student-athletes to the spring 2020 roster as Alyssa Heist, Kate Georgiades and Mykayla Myers begin their TCU careers.

"Alyssa, Kate and Mykayla have been all great additions to our spring roster," head coach Jill Kramer said. "They each bring different attributes to our team that we learn more and more about every day. The spring season is a great environment for incoming student-athletes to grow in, so we are excited that they could be here as we prepare our team for the fall 2020 season."

Alyssa Heist | S | 5'7" | Coronado HS |El Paso Wildfire | El Paso, Texas
Alyssa was named District Co-MVP and AVCA Honorable Mention in 2019 at Coronado HS. She earned 6-A All-District Setter of the Year in her sophomore and junior seasons as well as All-City Setter of the Year in El Paso three times (2016-2018). By the end of her high school career, Heist totaled 4,593 assists and 1,511 digs. She is the younger sister of TCU volleyball alumna Alexia Heist (2012-2015) and current TCU student, Andrea Heist.

She chose TCU because, "I loved that TCU is a small school that has so much to offer in terms of challenging academics and competitive athletics. I love the sense of community in Fort Worth along with being able to live in the same city as my two older sisters."

"Alyssa bleeds purple through and through," Kramer said. "We love having the Heist family back in the gym with us, as Alyssa's older sister Alexia played here from 2012-2015. As a setter, she has a great skill set and has all of the intangibles you look for in a leader. Her competitive spirit and drive to get the most out of herself and her teammates is second to none. She's a student of the game and loves to learn."

Kate Georgiades | DS/L | 5'10" | College Station HS |TAV Houston | College Station, Texas
Kate joins the Horned Frogs after a tremendous high school career at College Station HS and TAV Houston. She was named AVCA All-Region and an AVCA Phenomher sophomore and junior seasons. Named first team all-district after her sophomore and junior seasons while earning TSWA 51-All State honorable mention honors after her junior campaign. She finished her hogh school career with over 1800 digs.

She chose TCU because, "As soon as I stepped on campus, I knew I was home. I wanted to go to a place where I could excel athletically and academically."

"Kate is the kind of person you want in your life," Kramer said. "When people talk about surrounding yourself with others who will make you better, simply put, she's one of those people. She is a consummate teammate, is active and vocal in her leadership on the court and has already made a difference in our gym. Kate has a great touch on the ball, has a tough serve and is a tenacious defender. Trent always said that after every USA Camp they worked that she was a part of, every player felt connected to her. I can see that happening with our team at TCU already.

Mykayla Myers | MB | 6'0" | Coppell HS | TAV | Coppell, Texas | Washington State
Mykayla attended Coppell High School where as a member of the volleyball program was named to the First Team All-District, and First Team All-Academic teams. Myers found success at the club level as well, playing for TAV. She collected 20 kills as a part of the TAV program that won the GJNC National Championship in 2018. She was named to the AVCA Phenom Watch-list, the Prep Volleyball Watch-list and earned multiple All-American selections from Prep Volleyball. Her father, Michael Myers played collegiate football at the University of Alabama, and professionally in the NFL for 10 years for the Dallas Cowboys among other teams.

She chose TCU because, "the academic standards and the opportunity to be a part of a program that feels like an extended family. The coaches and players have been so welcoming, making the transition so much easier."

"We had always been impressed with Mykayla throughout her high school days as we watched her play quite a bit being a local athlete," Kramer said. "She has a strong work ethic and is quick off the ground, which are both key for a middle blocker. She's a great addition to our squad and we are looking forward to helping her grow in our system.

For more information on TCU Volleyball visit GoFrogs.com and follow @TCUVolleyball on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.