• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: From The Desk of #ADJD

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
From The Desk of #ADJD

Dear Horned Frogs Fans:

SEE YOU TONIGHT AT DICKIES ARENA
We are very proud of our relationship with Dickies Arena. Many of you were likely at the George Strait concert and experienced first-hand Fort Worth's new world-class venue. It's an honor for us to play in the first basketball game in Dickies Arena tonight at 8 p.m. when we face USC. You might recall we played the Trojans last year at Staples Center in Los Angeles. We will have four buses of students headed to the game and look forward to an exciting and historic night in Dickies Arena.

Also, make sure to drop by Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena tomorrow as our women's basketball program, off to a 6-0 start, will host Auburn at 2 p.m. in the Big 12/SEC Challenge.

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS HIT THE WHITE HOUSE
It was truly an honor to accompany our Head Coach Karen Monez, Assistant Coach Hannah Black and the TCU Rifle program to "NCAA Champions Day" at the White House in November. TCU Trustees Mark Johnson and Eddie Clark along with Senior Associate Athletics Director and rifle sport administrator Ross Bailey also made the trip. While in our nation's capital, it was great to spend time with Horned Frog and TCU Lettermen's Association Hall of Fame member Roger Williams on Capitol Hill!

THANK YOU, FANS!
While I share in your disappointment that we fell short of expectations this season, I can't thank you enough for your support of our football program. It was just our third season in the past 22 to not reach a bowl game. However, I could not be more excited about our future. We have an unbelievable program under the leadership of Gary Patterson and, as you saw throughout the season on both sides of the ball, a very talented core of student-athletes who will return next fall. Next year will be Coach Patterson's 20th season as head coach, 125 years of TCU football and the opening of our Legends Club on the east side of Amon G. Carter Stadium. There is a lot to be excited about going forward.

SURVEY TIME
If you are a football season-ticket holder, keep an eye on your email inbox as we'll soon be sending a survey asking for feedback on your 2019 Gameday Experience. We strive to constantly improve the atmosphere and fan experience at Amon G. Carter Stadium, and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

BIG 12 NOW ON ESPN+
As a reminder, with the Big 12 Conference and ESPN expanding their existing agreement, our third-tier television rights will be switching next year from FOX Sports Southwest to the newly branded Big 12 Now on ESPN+. Several of our men's basketball games this season, beginning with road contests January 18 and 21 at Oklahoma and Texas Tech, respectively, and our January 29 home game versus Texas, will air on that platform this year. Also, next season's football home game with Prairie View A&M and potentially others as well will air on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.

The creation of Big 12 Now on ESPN+ is indicative of the new digital trend in our industry. There is a monthly charge of $4.99. If you have little ones like me, you likely know Disney+ recently launched as well. There are options out there with Big 12 Now on ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu packaged together for just $12.99 each month. In addition to live games, we'll also have other TCU programming airing next year.

Personally, I'm a big fan of ESPN+ and I think you will be amazed as well if you haven't seen it already. I visit it frequently through the ESPN app to view other Big 12 content as well as games from across the country. For more information, please CLICK HERE.

RENEWAL TIME FOR OUR NATIONAL PASTTIME
Amazingly, Baseball season is just around the corner! Coach Schlossnagle and his staff have an incoming recruiting class ranked in the top 5 nationally by all major media outlets and a lot of returning talent. Please note that season-ticket renewals have started for the 2020 season with a January 10 deadline. First pitch at Lupton Stadium is 2 months away!

CONGRATULATIONS SOCCER!
A special shout out to Head Coach Eric Bell and our soccer program on earning its fourth consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance. We are now one of just 20 programs in the country to be in the postseason in each of the last four years.

Volleyball has continued its season in the NIVC. We defeated Miami (Ohio) in a first-round match Thursday and will play at Bowling Green tonight at 6 p.m.

RHODES SCHOLAR FINALIST
Equestrian's Laska Anderson has defined student-athlete during her time at TCU. She has represented our university incredibly well in the classroom and in competition. Congrats to Laska on being TCU's first Rhodes Scholar finalist since football student-athlete Caylin Moore was selected as a recipient in 2017. Laska, a student in the John V. Roach Honors College, is a double major in history and English with a minor in writing in the AddRan College of Liberal Arts. Way to go, Laska!

MILESTONES
Congrats to head basketball coaches Jamie Dixon and Raegan Pebley on reaching milestones recently! Jamie became the 11th head coach all-time to record 400 career wins in 17 seasons when RJ Nembhard hit a game-winning 3-pointer with 3.7 seconds to play to beat UC Irvine, 59-58, on November 21. Raegan recorded her 100th win at TCU with a 66-52 win at Army on November 26.

Read more at https://gofrogs.com/news/2019/12/6/general-from-the-desk-of-adjd.aspx

tcumaniac

scheiss ESPN+
Yeah. Sorry donati. Personally, I think ESPN+ is a stupid scheissing ripoff.

I grew up with DirectTv but went probably 10 years without it until last year. It felt like AT&T just rips you off if you do their internet only package, and at the time, cutting the cord just didn’t seem worth the hassle for the limited amount of money I’d be saving.

All that to say, it’s annoying as hell to pay for direct tv and then be expected to go pay an additional monthly membership for content I can only access via a separate app. Just stupid and ridiculous.

Limey Frog

This is just state propaganda until/unless some changes are made. I know you can't say in an official publicity email that you're not excited about the current trajectory of your own football program, but he either isn't or else he's a fool who needs the sack. I'd rather just see the athletics office say nothing about the football program if there's nothing to say but lies.

Brog

Which is harder to understand, his optimism for the football team, or his enthusiasm for playing basketball games at Dickies Arena?

TCUdirtbag

I feel like all the people whining the loudest about ESPN+ are the same people that paid more per month for FrogVision and complained about how bad it was. This is less per month for a reliable and exponentially better product, so count me as not taking the complaining seriously. ESPN+ per month is cheaper than one chick fil a meal.