• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Abeldt Named Finalist For Stopper of the Year

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

GoFrogs: Abeldt Named Finalist For Stopper of the Year

FORT WORTH – TCU baseball's left-handed reliever Ben Abeldt has been named one of 10 finalists for the 19th annual NCBWA Stopper of the Year. He is the only pitcher from the Big 12 represented on the finalist list.

Abeldt, a first-team all-Big 12 performer, made a team-high 26 appearances on the year. He was 3-0 with eight saves and posted a 1.83 ERA. Abeldt register 54 strikeouts in 44 1/3 innings of work. In league play, Abeldt appeared in 16 games and went 2-0 with five saves. He fanned 34 in 30 innings of work, posting a 1.50 ERA.

Earlier this season, Abeldt recorded three saves in TCU's sweep at Baylor. He is the first TCU pitcher to accomplish the feat since Riley Ferrell did the same in a sweep at Texas in 2014.
The Stopper of the Year recipient will be announced via a news conference on Friday, June 14, at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha.

The NCBWA, founded in 1962, presents the Dick Howser Trophy to the nation's top player and the Mike Martin National Coach of the Year to the nations top coach. It also selects All-America Teams for all Divisions, a Division I Freshman All-American team, Division I, II and III Players of the Week and Division I, II and III Players of the Year.

Anyone else read the headline as “stripper of the year”? I was thinking, interesting article in a TCU forum but she could be working her way through school…. and more importantly where does she work….
Probably just me

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Anyone else read the headline as “stripper of the year”? I was thinking, interesting article in a TCU forum but she could be working her way through school…. and more importantly where does she work….
Probably just me
Sunny used to just hang out on the stone wall with the TCU logo on it. She's the only one I remember.