• The KillerFrogs

Gillespie introduction…..

4th. down

Yes you have a point. But I would like to think that this hire is on the upside of his career. He will get better here.
Big jump in talent. The University of Tulsa undergrad enrollment is approx. 2900. Big upgrade for our DC. Don't know what their $$ allotment for the football program is but Donati will get the funds and so far he has exceeded my expectations......by far.

JugbandFrog

Ok. I hear ya. Seriously, a change from what?? Practice, personnel, a different thought process? Be specific please without sarcastic responses.
“Y’all aren’t gonna be a bunch of softies, you’re gonna maintain your rush lanes, make open field tackles, and dagnabit, you will contain! Anyone who doesn’t do these basic things will find themselves doing a lot of dang ol’ running!”

JogginFrog

“Y’all aren’t gonna be a bunch of softies, you’re gonna maintain your rush lanes, make open field tackles, and dagnabit, you will contain! Anyone who doesn’t do these basic things will find themselves doing a lot of dang ol’ running!”
Coach Boone: We will be perfect in every aspect of the game. You drop a pass, you run a mile. You miss a blocking assignment, you run a mile. You fumble the football, and I will break my foot off in your John Brown hind parts…and then you will run a mile. Perfection. Let's go to work.

FrogCop19

Coach Boone: We will be perfect in every aspect of the game. You drop a pass, you run a mile. You miss a blocking assignment, you run a mile. You fumble the football, and I will break my foot off in your John Brown hind parts…and then you will run a mile. Perfection. Let's go to work.
DAMN good movie!

Froggish

I’ll say this about Gillespie..He sets a great trap. Your not going to see dominant TFL type defense like you saw out of the great GP era defenses. (Let’s be honest, we haven’t had many of those since joining the B12) However once he churns the roster you will see a defense that forces offenses to grind out 1st downs and doesn’t give up many big plays. What I hope happens is that with the increased athleticism he’ll have access to at TCU, he’ll get more aggressive with his pressure packages. I like this hire and I think now is the right time to move toward odd front.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I’ll say this about Gillespie..He sets a great trap. Your not going to see dominant TFL type defense like you saw out of the great GP era defenses. (Let’s be honest, we haven’t had many of those since joining the B12) However once he churns the roster you will see a defense that forces offenses to grind out 1st downs and doesn’t give up many big plays. What I hope happens is that with the increased athleticism he’ll have access to at TCU, he’ll get more aggressive with his pressure packages. I like this hire and I think now is the right time to move toward odd front.
In high school I played bass in a ska band called Odd Front.

Paul in uhh

GP’s defense at its worst was very volatile. It was allowing either <2 yards, or 15+.