• The KillerFrogs

Gator Bowl cancelled. Aggie don't want to play WF

Chongo94

If I had any respect at all for the Aggies, I would have less now. Covid excuse, 9 days out. Players declaring for the draft and transfer portal combined with the real possibility of losing the game is more the real reason they are not going.
I remember in the late 80s, Alabama, pre-recent dominance days, was to play the Aggies.

Bama didn’t want to travel due to a hurricane hitting the TX coast and the Aggies made a huge fuss saying they were scared to play them (this was SWC fat on weak hogs Aggies)…the game was eventually rescheduled for the end of the season.

The Aggies even printed up shirts like bowl game shirts calling it the hurricane bowl. They were promptly dominated by Bama, which even as a kid, I could discern and respect the idiocy that was Aggies for making statements they never cash.

Long story short, wouldn’t surprise me at all if they had lost to Wake Forest.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I remember in the late 80s, Alabama, pre-recent dominance days, was to play the Aggies.

Bama didn’t want to travel due to a hurricane hitting the TX coast and the Aggies made a huge fuss saying they were scared to play them (this was SWC fat on weak hogs Aggies)…the game was eventually rescheduled for the end of the season.

The Aggies even printed up shirts like bowl game shirts calling it the hurricane bowl. They were promptly dominated by Bama, which even as a kid, I could discern and respect the idiocy that was Aggies for making statements they never cash.

Long story short, wouldn’t surprise me at all if they had lost to Wake Forest.
I remember an article in the Houston Fishwrap with pics of the A&M QB out playing a round of golf with some teammates on the day of the postponed game: "Weather is fine!"

And yes, Alabama just annihilated them.