• The KillerFrogs

Gary/Doug: Put Morris In Already!

Diehard

Could be but at least he has enough pictures to reference.

Just so's you know, Scott and/or Wes told Steel who pretty much everybody is on here WITH DIRT, but since Steel don't much care it's no big deal. Plus Steel was only half paying attention cause it meant a lot more to Wes and Scott than it meant to Steel. But they would point out someone and say "That's so and so" and his father is X, or whatever. And as well, Steel knows a bunch of folks on here personally and counts many of you as friends. ( Hey @NORMLFROG !) Which is as it should be. Steel kinda frowns on such attacks as PB87 launched on poor old Maniac--after all, Frog fans are a pretty small group and kf.c fans a much smaller one still, so we gotta stick together, no?

But on the other hand, who doesn't like a good dustup? Knowing those two personalities, if they actually met personally that would be an interesting thing to see.

Steel representing! Thanks.

FBallFan123

The current Sports Illustrated mock draft has Carson Strong as the #10 player in the 1st round behind Rattler.
He’s pretty frickin’ good.

can’t say I’ve ever seen a sports illustrated mock draft before - they lost relevance as a magazine many moons ago.

is he a good player? Absolutely.

Is he a top 10 overall QB selection that’s way better than Willis or the P5 guys? Unlikely

Clicked on a random CBS mock draft today and they had Strong going #1.

He must be getting some recent buzz … cuz Rattler, Howell, Willis and Corral were the names I was more used to seeing at the top.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...off-the-board-four-qbs-taken-in-top-11-picks/

Round 1 - Pick 1

Carson Strong QB
NEVADA • JR • 6'4" / 215 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Houston
PROSPECT RNK
POSITION RNK

This is all going to come down to the medicals on Strong's knee. He's the most consistent QB in this draft class and if healthy, would give the Texans some much needed stability at the position.

ticketfrog123

Wrong
May be the best Defense we see until a bowl game

And the Nevada QB is projected to be the overall #1 pick in the next draft. He has a couple very good receivers.

cal’s defense is not better than KSU or Baylor this year. OU’s D is hyped up for once and I bet they’ll play better than Cal

asleep003

nevada QB tore this defense up

max is 50% throwing. This is nowhere close to the best defense we’ll face this year
Yes it is ... this is the one thing Cal is known for. Always finish in the top 5 in P12 on Defense of late(remember the cheese-its Bowl too... tough). Nevada QB is excellent ... but only tore Cal up for 19 points.

Last edited:

Froggish

This thread is gold….Max is 7-1 in his last 8 starts and won 8 of his last 12. He may not be a great passer but he's figuring out how to win games. We can argue all day but he's a better passer today than he has been at any point in his career. He's inconsistent at times but he has moved the chains with his arm and his feet. He's turning into a good (not great or elite) passer and when you can run like he can you can be really dangerous

Last edited:

Salfrog

Tier 1
Maybe Max is going to be like Jim McMahon. Stats suck, but finds a way to win games. I'm beginning to look at Max that way. He is frustrating to watch at times, but does seem to find ways to win.

Do I wish he could be more consistent with his downfield passes, of course I do like the rest of us. Maybe he is just who he is, and as long as he is winning we just need to accept the results.

Now if Max is really crapping the bed in a game, I do think giving Morris a shot wouldn't be a bad thing. It might wake Max up and realize he could lose his job if he doesn't get better.

don

Doesn't Morris have to pass Downing first?

Sam Jackson has been getting some good reviews from insiders, but I imagine he needs another off-season before being ready for prime time.