• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU at Texas

CountryFrog

Unreal to me how many of you miserable [ Finebaum ]s can't simply enjoy a win and instead have to immediately go into "yea we won but let me write a couple paragraphs detailing every negative thing I possibly can because there's nothing I get off on more than going on the internet and describing how much I hate my favorite team."

After a loss, sure go for it. After a win in Austin it should be all happy.

Mean Purple

TCU's not the "small" school anymore.

Our UG's enrollment is bigger than all but 6 of 17 Division 1 Football Privates.
(USC, BYU, Syracuse, Miami, Baylor, Stanford.)

But the TCU footballers are still the "cockroaches" , - that is UT's eternal nemesis.
I get tired of the "small private school" excuse. We have a big time and well funded program. No reason to not expect championships. If you don't expect them, you don't get them.

froginmn

I think the play calling today was pretty damn good. Called plays to cover weaknesses, like OL play, and were creative a lot of the time.

Zubaz

Unreal to me how many of you miserable [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]s can't simply enjoy a win and instead have to immediately go into "yea we won but let me write a couple paragraphs detailing every negative thing I possibly can because there's nothing I get off on more than going on the internet and describing how much I hate my favorite team."

1). I totally agree with the general tone.
2). Any day we beat UT is a great day in America.
3). We won because the RB couldn't protect the football inside the 1 yard line. That could have just as easily been a loss and we'd be very, very grumpy at how we gave up the lead following our go ahead score. I don't want to say "lucky", but that play definitely bailed out what to that point had been a nearly game losing drive.

LVH

3). We won because the RB couldn't protect the football inside the 1 yard line. That could have just as easily been a loss and we'd be very, very grumpy at how we gave up the lead following our go ahead score. I don't want to say "lucky", but that play definitely bailed out what to that point had been a nearly game losing drive.

You could say we lost last week because a ball was dropped right into the hands of an Iowa state player. Goes both ways

Moose Stuff

Unreal to me how many of you miserable [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]s can't simply enjoy a win and instead have to immediately go into "yea we won but let me write a couple paragraphs detailing every negative thing I possibly can because there's nothing I get off on more than going on the internet and describing how much I hate my favorite team."

Didn't get to watch one second of the game and just finished reading through this thread. Totally agree.... a handful of you are a complete beating. BEATING. Truly pathetic way to go through life.

CountryFrog

#3 obviously has some truth to it but here's my own 3 point list in response to that point:

1) Fumbling is part of football and is usually a self induced error. You can fumble on your own 10 with 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter just as easily as you can on the other teams 1 with 2 minutes left. The time and place of the fumble doesn't cheapen or enhance its legitimacy.

2) I could just as easily say that Texas was lucky to even be in the game right there with all the FG's we settled for. We could've easily been up by 20 instead of 4.

3) Over 2 minutes on the clock, all 3 timeouts left, down by 3 was by no means an automatic win for Texas there. We absolutely still could've won the game.