• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Why Kendal Briles is optimistic about the future of TCU’s offense

cctcu

I wasn't thrilled with the hire of Briles. And after some of the red zone play calling, I'm still not. (Perhaps he felt he was working with the hand he was dealt in those situations.) I support him though, because he's now part of the Frog family.
But to those who say they will always oppose K. Briles, I ask, do you not believe people should get second chances in life?
How many SECOND chances has he already had? Are you counting this the second? How many places has he moved on from, or asked to move on? There are ALWAYS two sides or ways at looking at things, but a lot of folks think they know better. If he moves on again, great. If he proves himself very adept at moving the offense, and hangs with it, then I believe a lot folks here would say great, he's earned that second chance. But like a lot of folks, he needs to prove it.

Zubaz

@Zubaz - How do you know that K. Briles has not been contrite? He may have done so privately to those close to him. Talking publicly about is probably not something that does him or TCU any good.
When it comes to sexual assault:

Maybe he has, but as a member of said public I can only go on what he has said publicly.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

The best way to determine who has a better offense is, anyways has been, and always will be to watch the scheissing games and to actually have a clue about what you're watching while doing so.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
How many SECOND chances has he already had? Are you counting this the second? How many places has he moved on from, or asked to move on? There are ALWAYS two sides or ways at looking at things, but a lot of folks think they know better. If he moves on again, great. If he proves himself very adept at moving the offense, and hangs with it, then I believe a lot folks here would say great, he's earned that second chance. But like a lot of folks, he needs to prove it.
He has already been at several other schools since Baylor and has had no reported or public problems, allegations, etc. He has been vetted by a lot of people, been successful and clean, trying to overcome and work his way past it.

Paint It Purple

I loathe and detest the creep. TCU as an Institution has failed it's responsibilities in putting such a person on the payroll. I opposed the action then, and I oppose it now. Were I in charge, he would never have been hired, and the person who floated such an idea would have been subjected to a tirade of such foulness and flaming vitriol that he would still be healing to this very day.

But, I am not in charge. Obviously. So, I do what I can to change the Institution and see that such a thing does not happen again, while doing what I can to hold those who made such a decision accountable. This cannot happen if I just walk away. Others have. Many others have scaled back their support, while voicing their disgust. Briles was not then, and is not now, a popular choice.

Mock me all you want. The bottom line is, scum like Briles get by when people like you believe that it is just fine to put scum on the payroll because you might win a game here and there, regardless of the consequences or optics. I don't hold with that nihilistic belief. At all. And it makes me sick that an Institution like TCU would stoop to such a depth for such a momentary possibility of gain.

So there.
Brewing you're maybe one of my favorite posters, so please just take this as food for thought.
I don't know KB at all. I know very little of his Baylor involvement (because the whole mess bored me and I didn't follow it and no one really knows the truth anyway). His family persona in the news seems pretty normal. If he's a creep as you say, I would hazard a guess that the "institution" has more and maybe bigger "creeps" that will make everyone's stomach turn. Let's find them all and burn them at the stake too.

Not saying that we accept one creep because more are lurking in the shadows. Just suggesting that creeps can change and we can all move on.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I don't know KB at all. I know very little of his Baylor involvement (because the whole mess bored me and I didn't follow it and no one really knows the truth anyway). His family persona in the news seems pretty normal. If he's a creep as you say, I would hazard a guess that the "institution" has more and maybe bigger "creeps" that will make everyone's stomach turn. Let's find them all and burn them at the stake too.

Not saying that we accept one creep because more are lurking in the shadows. Just suggesting that creeps can change and we can all move on.
I don't know the person either. Haven't met him, don't really care to.

I paid a great deal of attention to the Baylor mess, and continue to be appalled at the lack of will of those charged with the safety and well-being of their charges to do their jobs. The horror of it to me was the abandonment of responsibility in people up and down the chain, from University Regents to Law Enforcement at all levels. Like Lady Macbeth's "damned spot" it is an enduring stain representing the evils of Just Wanting To Win.

As I stated earlier, much of my ire is directed at TCU for not only considering the hire, but making it. They knew exactly what they were getting onto, yet they plowed ahead anyway. TCU now has some of that stain. The number of yards gained, TDs scored, and wins collected are nearly irrelevant to me in this matter. There were a couple dozen guys they could have selected which would have done as good or better. But it was evident that this was the sole candidate from the start, and no one in TCU Athletics of Administration said a discouraging word. I suppose in time I will talk to VBo or ADJD about it, and get an idea of their thoughts as to why they proceeded.

It is this willingness to accept evil for the ephemeral pleasure of winning games that appalls me. I have faint hope that my words will help redress a little of the erosion of our principles, but there it is.

Wexahu

I don't know the person either. Haven't met him, don't really care to.

I paid a great deal of attention to the Baylor mess, and continue to be appalled at the lack of will of those charged with the safety and well-being of their charges to do their jobs. The horror of it to me was the abandonment of responsibility in people up and down the chain, from University Regents to Law Enforcement at all levels. Like Lady Macbeth's "damned spot" it is an enduring stain representing the evils of Just Wanting To Win.

As I stated earlier, much of my ire is directed at TCU for not only considering the hire, but making it. They knew exactly what they were getting onto, yet they plowed ahead anyway. TCU now has some of that stain. The number of yards gained, TDs scored, and wins collected are nearly irrelevant to me in this matter. There were a couple dozen guys they could have selected which would have done as good or better. But it was evident that this was the sole candidate from the start, and no one in TCU Athletics of Administration said a discouraging word. I suppose in time I will talk to VBo or ADJD about it, and get an idea of their thoughts as to why they proceeded.

It is this willingness to accept evil for the ephemeral pleasure of winning games that appalls me. I have faint hope that my words will help redress a little of the erosion of our principles, but there it is.
What were they getting into? Almost nobody really cares one way or another.

Don't you think the fact that noone in the TCU Administration said a discouraging word is kind of telling that the guy not be nearly as toxic as those like you seem to think he is?

Purely subjective. Relative to each of their performance this year at their current schools, he outperformed the guy he replaced, who last year was the Assistant Coach of the year. He did fine with the personnel he inherited. Not great, but not bad by any stretch.

Willingness to "accept evil?" Good grief. That's about all there is to say about that.

4 Oaks Frog

The only statistic/metric that counts is if we have more points on the scoreboard than our opponent at the end of the game. If we do that, we win them all. We really sucked at that in 2023. Hopefully we will be better at that this coming season…

Bruce Berry

I loathe and detest the creep. TCU as an Institution has failed it's responsibilities in putting such a person on the payroll. I opposed the action then, and I oppose it now. Were I in charge, he would never have been hired, and the person who floated such an idea would have been subjected to a tirade of such foulness and flaming vitriol that he would still be healing to this very day.

But, I am not in charge. Obviously. So, I do what I can to change the Institution and see that such a thing does not happen again, while doing what I can to hold those who made such a decision accountable. This cannot happen if I just walk away. Others have. Many others have scaled back their support, while voicing their disgust. Briles was not then, and is not now, a popular choice.

Mock me all you want. The bottom line is, scum like Briles get by when people like you believe that it is just fine to put scum on the payroll because you might win a game here and there, regardless of the consequences or optics. I don't hold with that nihilistic belief. At all. And it makes me sick that an Institution like TCU would stoop to such a depth for such a momentary possibility of gain.

So there.

Not trying to mock you. Just surprised you're still here based on your previous comments.

Anxious to hear more on your progress in making those responsible for this decision accountable.

You also have no idea how I feel about his hiring. Just find it odd you are still interested in the program after announcing several times you were through with TCU football if he was hired.

So there.

Last edited:

tetonfrog

That OU loss wasn’t the offenses fault. We scored enough points to win most of our games.
The second quarter was a disaster for our offense - we had multiple three-and-outs where the defense got less than two minutes of rest before going back out. The game went from OU up 14-13 at the end of the first quarter to 42-16 at the half.

We played with tempo but we did not execute at all. Yes, the defense was awful, but the offense was worse due to the endless run of three-and-outs that never allowed our reeling defense a chance to reset and regroup. Yes, we scored 45 points that day, but most of them were in garbage time. The game turned into a blowout in the second quarter when OU outscored us 28-3. It was a total defeat, but the KB defenders say 45 should have been enough to win. However, OU stopped blitzing in the second half and that allowed Hoover and company to succeed.