• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Why ESPN’s ‘GameDay’ passed on TCU at Oklahoma State

Realtorfrog

Wouldn't expect much...... crowds have been really weak this year..... ou/osu looked very empty a few weeks ago and that was a big game to espn. I think the luster has worn off and it's not what it used to be.

I might watch the last 20 minutes if I think about it and I used to be really faithful.

Last edited:

PurplFrawg

Administrator
The crowd will consist of:
A guy in a spiderman suit,
A guy in a superman suit,
A girl in a wonder woman suit,
2 naked chicks in full body paint, and
A guy playing a guitar in his underwear.

None of which have ever set foot on a college campus.....I've been to NYC....
Are those the tourists or homeless people?

Probably the city council.

netty2424

Wouldn't expect much...... crowds have been really week this year..... ou/osu looked very empty a few weeks ago and that was a big game to espn. I think the luster has worn off and it's not what it used to be.

I might watch the last 20 minutes if I think about it and I used to be really faithful.
I'd agree with this. Doesn't have the following on site probably as it used to, but especially not for tOSU or Alabama types who get it every year.

HFrog1999

It's been suggested that it may have had something to do with this....

https://www.thestreet.com/story/143...-out-abc-espn-in-new-york-tri-state-area.html

Cable Contract Dispute Could Black Out ABC, ESPN in New York Tri-State Area

French cable company Altice USA Inc. (ATUS) , which acquired cable provider Cablevision in 2016, is in contract negotiations with Disney Co. (DIS - Get Report) that could result in the black out of ABC and ESPN, among other channels, in the New York tri-state area if a deal is not struck before the current contract expires on September 30.

NBC News sources said Disney is looking for a "gigantic" rate increase for the right to broadcast its package of channels. If the two companies cannot come to terms on a new contract, blackouts of Disney channels for Altice subscribers are possible.

e9c758d078496d5e80f9bc1db1a6178b.gif

Zubaz

I know it's a bad week for this to happen since gave a big game, but this is a pretty cool show as a one off.

Plus, they've had a few segments making fun of themselves for the move, which is good to see.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Lee Corso just walked off set in middle of picks. Not mad. No controversy. Just said he wasn't picking between St Johns and St Thomas and away he went.

ShreveFrog

High point of the show (other than the TCU flag) was the garbage truck rolling through the pick 'em segment.

It was a garbage show.

NYCfrog

It was pretty cool being there. I don't know how it looked on TV, but the crowd felt pretty good. A lot of ribbing, several people questioning why we were all there, and tons of trash talk between teams that will never play each other. I was pretty far back, so I don't think my TCU sign made it through (I unfortunately do not have a flag).