• The KillerFrogs

FWST: What happened to TCU this season? Experts chime in on Horned Frogs’ struggle

ShreveFrog

@PineyWoodsFrog - Yes, he's critical of both Dykes and Briles, but not Gillespie, Ricker, Tommerdahl or anyone else. At least in the article.

Here's a quote about Sonny: “If you look at [Sonny Dykes’] teams at SMU, they tend to start fast and then things fall apart as the season goes along. The thing that was surprising to me is they didn’t even come out of the gate strong this year. This year they’ve looked as sloppy and undisciplined as you would normally expect from his teams in November. For that reason I was always wary of Dykes. No disrespect to him, but I just always thought TCU could do better.’

He also believes our recruiting is sub-par.

Last edited:

ShreveFrog

My complaint on this article is there are no "experts" talking x's and o's. Steven talked to three fellow writers as "experts" who drop knowledge such as TCU lost a lot of great talent from last year. Duhhhhhhh!

Why doesn't our 335 work? Why do we bog down in the red zone? That's what I'd like to see some experts -- like coaches or analysts -- explain. Even if they had to be anonymous. Just establish their bonafides. "A former Big XII defensive coordinator says ..."

What my own eyes tell me is we're weak on the o-line and our front 6 on defense -- where games are won and lost. Duh.

4 Oaks Frog

Is there another way to read this article? MSN or something. I refuse to pay one non-copper penny to get past the Startlegram’s paywall…

4 Oaks Frog

My complaint on this article is there are no "experts" talking x's and o's. Steven talked to three fellow writers as "experts" who drop knowledge such as TCU lost a lot of great talent from last year. Duhhhhhhh!

Why doesn't our 335 work? Why do we bog down in the red zone? That's what I'd like to see some experts -- like coaches or analysts -- explain. Even if they had to be anonymous. Just establish their bonafides. "A former Big XII defensive coordinator says ..."

What my own eyes tell me is we're weak on the o-line and our front 6 on defense -- where games are won and lost. Duh.
I see slow. I see tentativeness. I see confusion.