• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Was TCU robbed against No. 2 Kansas? A look at the controversial ending

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Was TCU robbed against No. 2 Kansas? A look at the controversial ending

By Steven Johnson

USATSI_22236467.jpg

After a controversial call snatched a possible win over No. 2 Kansas away from TCU, coach Jamie Dixon had every right to voice his frustration after TCU’s 83-81 loss.

Instead the veteran coach opted to take the high road and wanted to focus more on the effort and fight his team showed in Allen Fieldhouse.

“I’m proud of how they handled the situation,” Dixon said. “I know there will be a lot of talk about different things... We’re going to focus on we got out-rebounded. We’re going to get that fixed, we’re going to respond to it, we’re not going to make excuses.”

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article283835428.html#storylink=cpy

Also at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...-look-at-the-controversial-ending/ar-AA1mAMno

Last edited:
Johnson makes another good point. On the entry pass for the winning basket, Udeh was fronting Dickinson and Dickinson pushed Udeh in the back with both hands and arms extended to clear lots of space so that Udeh could not contest the entry pass. I think that should have been a foul and TCU ball. Udeh must be frustrated about his battle with that guy.

After Dickenson gathered the ball, Udeh then elevated for the block before Dickinson began his shot which was maybe a mistake by Udeh (don’t jump the gun), leaving Dickinson to then go up and finish uncontested.

Here is video of that dirty play from ESPN.

Last edited:

Frawg

Johnson makes another good point. On the entry pass for the winning basket, Udeh was fronting Dickinson and Dickinson pushed Udeh in the back with both hands and arms extended to clear lots of space so that Udeh could not contest the entry pass. I think that should have been a foul and TCU ball. Udeh must be frustrated about his battle with that guy.

After Dickenson gathered the ball, Udeh then elevated for the block before Dickinson began his shot which was maybe a mistake by Udeh (don’t jump the gun), leaving Dickinson to then go up and finish uncontested.

Here is video of that dirty play from ESPN.

Sheesh! How many steps are you allowed? Flopinson took at least 4 by my calc.:mad: