• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU offensive line rebounds in scrimmage

AggieAngst

Its just me, but if I was the Coach and I wanted to really really pizzz off the obvious starters DUNBAR (6'6"/315) and/or HORN (6'5"/320), I would "pretend" to make the only undersized walkon, peewee on the team, the starter for long while in Fall Camp just to get the two giants totally enraged enough to start spitting blood out there.

Thats just me though. What do I know. We all know Patterson would never play mind games like that.

Im probably just imagining things.

How much do you think you know about football Mr Houston Frog?

funkyfrog

Its just me, but if I was the Coach and I wanted to really really pizzz off the obvious starters DUNBAR (6'6"/315) and/or HORN (6'5"/320), I would "pretend" to make the only undersized walkon, peewee on the team, the starter for long while in Fall Camp just to get the two giants totally enraged enough to start spitting blood out there.

Thats just me though. What do I know. We all know Patterson would never play mind games like that.

Im probably just imagining things.

How much do you think you know about football Mr Houston Frog?

What I was meaning by "tearing it up" is the fact that I had no clue who this guy was taking reps with the starters..but he must be doing pretty dang good.. We have so many more natural offensive line recruits that we stocked up on the past few years and I was shocked to see this converted o-line guy stepping in over Naff and Dunbar and whomever else they got competing.

So I figured if Patterson had him with the other projected starters even though there are a few weeks to go and other bigger natural o-line men....I assumed he must be doing pretty darn well aka "tearing it up."

fdub

are y'all not familiar with the 'ignore' function? I haven't seen an AggieAngst post (expect when quoted by another poster) in months.

Funny; I haven't missed them.

Backyard Frog

Just curious what leads you to that conclusion?

Which player isnt like the rest?

DUNBAR 6'6"/315 (potential starter)

HORN 6'5"/322 (potential starter)

OLSON 6'5"/305 (potential starter)

DECK 6'4"/275 (potential starter)

FABALUJE 6'8"/320 (backup)

WOOLDRIDGE 6'5"/310 (backup)

MIKE THOMPSON 6'4"/318 (backup)

BLAIZE FOLTZ 6'4"/318 (potential starter)

BRADY FOLTZ 6'4"/305 (true freshman - even the incoming freshmen are bigger than Deck)

NEFF 6'4"/315 (incoming true freshman)

TREJO 6'4"/312 (backup)

TREV JONES 6'4"/310 (backup)

Two points: First, Olson and Foltz are not 'potential' starters, they are the starters for their respected positions. Secondly, I understand the concern over Deck's weight, but if you're worried about him giving up weight to defenders, I don't know many (if any) 280+ lbs D ends or outside linebackers that he would be facing on a rush or blitz. Sure it would be nice to add another 15-20 lbs to his frame, but that's just not going to happen. He has the strength and quickness or the staff would not have put him out there.

It's clear that while some others may have the athletic build for an 'a-typical' LT, the coach's don't trust they can do their job correctly. There is more to being a LT than just size.