• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU notebook: How healthy are the Horned Frogs? Who will be the X-Factor in the NCAA Tournament?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU notebook: How healthy are the Horned Frogs? Who will be the X-Factor in the NCAA Tournament?​

Steven Johnson

USATSI_17563905.jpg

There’s no wide eyes on TCU’s roster as they prepare for yet another trip to the NCAA Tournament with a matchup against No. 8 seed Utah State on Friday.

Two years ago, the veterans of the Horned Frogs roster were just ecstatic to make the tournament and to be in the March Madness mix. Now this same core led by seniors like Emanuel Miller and fourth-year junior JaKobe Coles is headed to Indianapolis on a mission.

“We’ve got the experience of what the tournament feels like and what to look forward to,” Coles said. “Going into it, it’s about being more focused and being more locked in. We appreciate the moment, but we’ve already had this moment and it’s all about execution and going to win the game.”

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/ncaa/article286878390.html

Also at https://ca.news.yahoo.com/tcu-notebook-healthy-horned-frogs-203112225.html

Last edited:

Udeh is most concerning

Injury update​

TCU won’t be 100 percent healthy in Indianapolis, but the Horned Frogs will have everybody on the roster available. Miller didn’t practice on Monday and said his ankle was still swollen after hurting it against Houston in the Big 12 tournament, but the all-conference forward said there was no way he wouldn’t play on Friday.

“I’ll force myself to play,” Miller said. Ernest Udeh is another player still dealing with a nagging injury after missing six games in the late stretch of the season.

“We’re banged up a bit, Ernest hasn’t been the same,” Dixon said. “We’re better with him on the floor defensively. He misses games down the stretch, didn’t practice before the Big 12 tournament, we’re doing some things he shouldn’t be doing, but we’re in that position. I wish it was a perfect world.”

Reserve big man Essam Mostafa also took a hard hit to the face that impacted his teeth and kept him out of both games at the Big 12 tournament. With Osobor’s size it’ll be all hands on deck, so TCU will need Miller, Udeh and Mostafa to be ready for a physical battle inside.

namollec

Keep hoping for more from Udeh.
As I understand it, he's relatively new to the game. Need to grow, improve sure.
But now is now, sometimes there isn't a tomorrow.