• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football lands a signing day surprise with 4-star QB prospect Sam Jackson

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU football lands a signing day surprise with 4-star QB prospect Sam Jackson

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU football loaded up on quarterback prospects Wednesday, including a four-star prospect who hadn’t been linked to the program much.

But Sam Jackson sent in his national letter of intent to TCU and will be joining the program. Jackson, who is from the Chicago area and played at Naperville (Illinois) Central, recently decommitted from Purdue. He had also been committed to Minnesota at one point.

Jackson is listed at 5-foot-11, 170 pounds and is a dual-threat quarterback. He is the No. 13-rated dual-threat quarterback according to 247Sports’ composite rankings.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article247886610.html

OICU812

Seems like from everything I've seen the Big Kraut is probably 2 years of coaching away from really knowing what he can be. I hope he doesn't get forced to switch positions if he isn't ready immediately, he could throw some Sawyer-like moon shots that QJ might could catch.

ticketfrog123

Which one are you referring to? Jackson and Battle are going to be very interesting. The German kid, who knows? He is a bigger, pro-style and will also compete. Building the future for post-Max.

battle appears to be the better passer from what I’ve seen. Either he or Jackson will push max from day 1

German guy won’t be a factor in my view.

Eight

so we are now discussing whether a quarterback who hasn't played in over a year will push max based upon the player's video from his junior year in high school?

ticketfrog123

STRONGLY disagree with the idea any of these freshmen present even slight competition to Max for the starting spot.

It would be one of the biggest sports shocks of my life if that were to happen. None of them seem ready to be a D1 starter.

you seem to think the guy we currently have is actually D1 starter material.

3-16 regardless of how many TDS thrown is horrific.

never thought of you as one of the Duggan kool aid Camp

Eight

you seem to think the guy we currently have is actually D1 starter material.

3-16 regardless of how many TDS thrown is horrific.

never thought of you as one of the Duggan kool aid Camp

i think max needs to get better throwing the football and has a great deal of room to improve, but the idea that max isn't even starter material is bordering on wyomingfrog material

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
mrw_im_drinking_a_cheap_beer_in_front_of_someone
mrw_im_drinking_a_cheap_beer_in_front_of_someone
giphy.gif