• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU defensive lineman growing into starting spot

Portland Frog

You are right. Unfortunately, DJ was knocked out of the way a number of times leaving huge hole in the middle by the big Wisky OL. Obvious to anyone who watched. To me he is not big enough for the interior. I'd like to see him on the outside, unless they have added a good amount of weight. He plays hard and makes some plays in there, but give me 280-300 pound guys on the interior DL.

DJ can maybe play inside against a lot of teams in the MWC, or the likes of SMU and Tennessee Tech, but against the upper teams with big lines ...

This. Agreed put him on the end.

Jeff is partially correct that the Frog DTs got owned. One DT did great (Grant) and one didnt. One held his own and one got pancaked repeatedly. The Frog linebackers were told to compensate and "overplay" for the expected running plays toward the lighter and smaller Tcu DT. Both Tcu All-American LBs played fabulously or Tcu would have lost that game. If Tcu would have had slightly lesser LBers in that game Wisc would have won. It took 2 All American LBers to keep that game from going to Wisky.

Patterson also used multiple defensive schemes and blitzes from safeties and corners to further confuse the Wisky offense. In other words, due to the inability of Tcu DTs to stuff the Wisky running game, in addition to 2 All American LBers it also took a defensive genius at Coach to keep that game from going into the loss column.

The obvious weakness at one DT spot was (BARELY) compensated for by a genius defensive Coach and 2 All American LBers. Your statement that Wisky only had 13 pts with 2 mins to go in the game, has very little to do with the one DT soft spot that is being discussed.

Thanks Aggie can't believe I am agreeing with you, but we agree. Let's give wisconsin some great their O-Line was huge and good. We had a starter out due to illegal chop block from AIr Force. The undersized D-Tackle played his heart out he was just oversized and outweighed. They ran the ball at will up and down the field.