• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU Campus Store to host “Purple Reign” book signing prior to spring football game Friday

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU Campus Store to host “Purple Reign” book signing prior to spring football game Friday

BY DAVID AMMENHEUSER

TCU_Football_2022-Lander_Mockup%20(1).jpg

In conjunction with the TCU Campus Store, the Star-Telegram will hold a signing of its book, “Purple Reign: TCU’s Unforgettable 2022 Season,” prior to Friday’s spring football game at Amon G. Carter Stadium.

The TCU Campus Store is selling the book near Section 234 near the merchandise kiosk prior to and during the spring game.

TCU beat writer Steven Johnson and columnist Big Steaming Pile will sign copies of the book from 5:30 until 6:45 p.m . Kickoff for the spring game is at 7 p.m.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article274111560.html#storylink=cpy

froginmn

Hilarious that, even on the announcement of his book signing, it still reads Big Steaming Pile.
His name is well earned, but I kind of feel sorry for him now. I wonder if the signs at the event will feature his real name or his earned name.
It's the perfect replacement on this site. All of the others have brackets, but when it's right, it's right.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I'd give $1 to see that on the placard above the book signing: "Steven Johnson and Big Steaming Pile" all laid out. Perhaps he'll have a name tag reading such...

Virginia Frog

I'd give $1 to see that on the placard above the book signing: "Steven Johnson and Big Steaming Pile" all laid out. Perhaps he'll have a name tag reading such...
It's amazing that he's still in Fort Worth given that there are 1,000 or more people on this board alone who would generously buy him a one-way ticket.:p

Deep Purple

His hand-written autograph is automatically filtered to read Big Steaming Pile.
I'm not a Mac-hater like many here, but this is freakin' hilarious.

I do think the Mac-haters waaay overestimate their numbers. They're just very loud -- kind of like the "woke" crowd. Mac-lovers are probably few or non-existent, but I believe the Mac-indifferent are Legion.

McFroggin

I'm not a Mac-hater like many here, but this is freakin' hilarious.

I do think the Mac-haters waaay overestimate their numbers. They're just very loud -- kind of like the "woke" crowd. Mac-lovers are probably few or non-existent, but I believe the Mac-indifferent are Legion.

He just sucks at his job. Did TCU really think he was a draw when he constantly writes [ Finebaum ] articles?

I’m tired of the filters on this site. Can we all be adults?
Just my quick thought without much thought—

I guess the point of filters is that profanity is not allowed here but the filters then make it permissible, even encourage it. Is that logical? We mostly know what the curse word is anyway, so it is still profanity, it just isn’t in print, but the filter word that represents it is. Is that logical?

Maybe the filters are a form of humor, though they don’t humor me but instead are an intentional “typo” to interpret through to the intended curse word. So we get the filter and yet know the profanity it is “masking.” A mask where everyone knows what is behind the mask—the curse word is still there.

Maybe if you want a no-profanity forum, state that policy and then suspend people whom curse. That would likely rid most of the profanity. The filters don’t and instead permit it and likely encourage it, creating more “masked” profanity; so an example of policy that maybe backfires.

I use the words, sheesh and jeepers, and that is enough to express frustration without having to curse, but that probably tires on people too.:p

scheiss this [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]— we know the profanity that this is and filters ain’t changing that reality.

Last edited:

Deep Purple

Maybe if you want a no-profanity forum, state that policy and then suspend people who curse. That gets rid of the profanity. The filters don’t and instead permit it and likely encourage it, creating more “masked” profanity, so an example of policy that maybe backfires.
"No profanity" is already in the board posting rules. Problem is, there are far too many "special" people who place themselves above the rules or ignore them. With no filters, moderators would have to scan all threads constantly to catch every post in violation. Nobody has the time, and even if they could locate 100% of violations, they would still remain on the board until detected eliminated or corrected.

That's why the filters. They're a stopgap measure to help the moderators do their job without such an enormous investment of time and scrutiny. Annoyance at KillerFrogs over this is misdirected. It would be better focused on the self-anointed "special" types who don't feel the rules apply to them.

BrewingFrog

"No profanity" is already in the board posting rules. Problem is, there are far too many "special" people who place themselves above the rules or ignore them. With no filters, moderators would have to scan all threads constantly to catch every post in violation. Nobody has the time, and even if they could locate 100% of violations, they would still remain on the board until detected eliminated or corrected.

That's why the filters. They're a stopgap measure to help the moderators do their job without such an enormous investment of time and scrutiny. Annoyance at KillerFrogs over this is misdirected. It would be better focused on the self-anointed "special" types who don't feel the rules apply to them.
You are, of course, aware that the frequent use of profanity indicates a richer than average vocabulary?

BrewingFrog

Profanity is the crutch of the inarticulate mother scheisser
Hardly. The art of rendering the proper scheissing adverbs, and the necessary scheissing adjectives, to bolster the scheissing nouns is the soul of discourse. Without such intricately scheissable verbiage, subtle expression is left as unsupported as Madonna's Brilesboobs...