• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU, Boise State fire back at Ohio State president

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: TCU, Boise State fire back at Ohio State president

By Stefan Stevenson
sstevenson@star-telegram.com

... TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte and Boise State president Bob Kustra both fired back Wednesday, citing the resumes of their schools and conferences, which aren't among the six conferences with automatic berths to the BCS bowls. TCU is in the Mountain West, Boise State in the Western Athletic."I don't think there's anything to defend," Del Conte said. "When someone has to go out and defend themselves and state their case, they've lost the battle in my eyes. Our record speaks for itself."

TCU (11-0) and Boise State (10-0) are No. 3 and No. 4, respectively, in the Bowl Championship Series standings, behind No. 1 Oregon (10-0) and No. 2 Auburn (11-0).

The top two teams in the final standings on Dec. 5 will play in the National Championship Game on Jan. 10 in Glendale, Ariz.

The eighth-ranked Buckeyes (10-1) of the Big Ten host Michigan on Saturday. Their four nonconference games were wins against Marshall, Eastern Michigan, Ohio University and Miami.

"I just hope that when he speaks about his research profile or the quality of his university he's a little more believable than he is about athletics, because he's just so wrong on this one," Kustra told the Idaho Statesman. ...

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/11/24/2657379/tcu-boise-state-fire-back-at-ohio.html#ixzz16Iuxoy4b