• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU AD vows students will have same number of tickets as always for football games

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU AD vows students will have same number of tickets as always for football games

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU athletic director Jeremiah Donati said he is committed to taking care of students during the upcoming football season.

Assuming there’s a season and fans are allowed inside Amon G. Carter Stadium this fall, Donati said, the department will allocate the standard 4,500 tickets for students.

As of now, the state of Texas is allowing outdoor venues such as TCU’s football stadium to hold up to 50% capacity. For TCU, that would be approximately 23,000 fans.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article243782537.html

CountryFrog

This probably won't be a popular opinion but I think the most fair thing (assuming reduced capacity for fans) would be to just let however many students into the stadium as want to come, let them sit anywhere, and they are the only fans in the stands. That way ALL season ticket holders are treated the same instead of trying to cherry pick who gets in for which games and who doesn't. No one will be happy about that but at least it's fair to everyone. I think that letting some people into some games and some into others is just going to alienate a whole lot of paying customers.

I doubt this will happen because of all the lost revenue.

ifrog

This probably won't be a popular opinion but I think the most fair thing (assuming reduced capacity for fans) would be to just let however many students into the stadium as want to come, let them sit anywhere, and they are the only fans in the stands. That way ALL season ticket holders are treated the same instead of trying to cherry pick who gets in for which games and who doesn't. No one will be happy about that but at least it's fair to everyone. I think that letting some people into some games and some into others is just going to alienate a whole lot of paying customers.

I doubt this will happen because of all the lost revenue.
With that model our stadium would be louder than ever. I’ll allow it