• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Sonny Dykes has two QB options for TCU football, but he’s still looking for a starter

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Sonny Dykes has two QB options for TCU football, but he’s still looking for a starter

BY Big Steaming Pile

AP22195680838905.jpg

On Sonny Dykes’ first trip to Big 12 Media Days as TCU head coach, he did not bring a quarterback for a reason.

Of all the developments for TCU football since Dykes helicoptered in to Amon G. Carter Stadium, the biggest surprise was his inability to bring a quarterback in via the NCAA’s transfer portal.

One of the reasons TCU hired Dykes is his willingness to accept transfers, a trend that his predecessor embraced like a visit to a proctologist.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article263467718.html#storylink=cpy

Frozen Frog

I had the opportunity to talk with one of the coaches earlier this summer. He’s given me some great intel over the past year. He is a super nice guy along with being a very supportive parent. He mentioned one player specifically. He said that this guy was very impressive in practices, but it was still open. My personal opinion is that the starter is known, but the backup is making it hard on him to retain that spot right now.

asleep003

I had the opportunity to talk with one of the coaches earlier this summer. He’s given me some great intel over the past year. He is a super nice guy along with being a very supportive parent. He mentioned one player specifically. He said that this guy was very impressive in practices, but it was still open. My personal opinion is that the starter is known, but the backup is making it hard on him to retain that spot right now.
No matter which player is being discussed... couldn't we all have presumed this anyway.?.

Palliative Care

There is nothing wrong with reading this article. Muck or no Muck I saw a practice and the spring game. After reading what Dykes said I heard no glowing endorsement for either guy and I saw nothing that really impressed me. I have been a fan of each guy but neither stepped up this spring. TCU’a Achilles heal it the QB this year. Best of luck to each guy but someone show up this summer.

82 Frog Fever

There is nothing wrong with reading this article. Muck or no Muck I saw a practice and the spring game. After reading what Dykes said I heard no glowing endorsement for either guy and I saw nothing that really impressed me. I have been a fan of each guy but neither stepped up this spring. TCU’a Achilles heal it the QB this year. Best of luck to each guy but someone show up this summer.
I believe any potential Achilles heal is the Defense, until they prove it’s not
This team is gonna get close to 200/game on the ground and 250 passing with either QB.
The Defense has to get better, much better.