• The KillerFrogs

FWST: SMU plants billboard in middle of Fort Worth, mocking TCU days after victory

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

SMU plants billboard in middle of Fort Worth, mocking TCU days after victory​

BY DREW DAVISON

The TCU-SMU rivalry isn’t dying down anytime soon.

SMU knocked off TCU 42-34 in Fort Worth last weekend, and celebrated by attempting to “plant its flag” on midfield of Amon G. Carter Stadium. Now it’s hung a billboard in the middle of Fort Worth commemorating its victory, saying “Pony Up Fort Worth” with three local players on it.

The rivalry heated up — and has stayed sizzling — once SMU players went forward with the flag-planting moment after the game. That started a scuffle between the teams and resulted in TCU special assistant Jerry Kill being concussed.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article254629052.html

HFrog1999

See what you’ve done!

tenor.gif

Froggish

If you're goal is to get everyone's attention the metroplex, you
1. Talk massive amount of boat to get as much attention as possible
2. Make sure you go after the incumbent. You have to put a face on the target
3. Back up all the boat talk
4. Rub the incumbents face in it so you can maximize all the momentum.
5. Ride the wave as far as it will take you
6. Rinse and repeat until the wave stops

Textbook work on SMU's part and TCU can't do anything about it but play the butt of the joke. None of that plan works if the they lose. You can tell they hired a first rate marketing firm. GP deserves to get dragged. SMU now owns the field and the market perception. The high road is now taking on water.

Last edited:

4 Oaks Frog

There are so many fun things that could be done to that billboard, but we am too old to climb those ladders anymore. Perhaps, there are some more physically able creative frogs that will graffiti the [ Finebaum ] out of that thing. Can only hope!!
GO FROGS!
BEAT ORANGE COW!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

mwe2187

And yet fans say that this game is meaningless for them in comparison to playing "ranked teams" in the AAC. This is SMU's super bowl and it is what it is. They beat the crap out of us and deserved it

vicarfrog

I tip my hat off to them. They're aggressive and hungry and that means their stock will rise. I remember the bowl game in Houston when we lost to A&M under Slocum and I remember a TCU guy saying, "Watch, we're on the rise... they're on the decline." I rolled my eyes, but he was right. History runs in cycles. SMU is on the rise and we're on the decline.

Prove me wrong... please!