• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Potential No. 1 pick in MLB Draft, TCU signee help Team USA bring home gold

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Potential No. 1 pick in MLB Draft, TCU signee help Team USA bring home gold

BY BRIAN GOSSET

But Witt wasn’t the only local DFW prospect out there.

For Burleson Centennial’s Jacob Meador, it was unlike any other experience in his baseball career.

“Having the honor of wearing a jersey with the country’s name across the front is something I will never forget,” said the TCU signee. “Coach Jack Leggett made sure that we knew how to play the game right, 100 percent on every pitch.”

Meador, who was a 5A all-state selection last season, finished the tournament with a 1.12 ERAand 1-0 record and one save in three appearances. He allowed one run on three hits, walked two and struck out 15 in eight innings of work.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/dfwvarsity/article223017180.html

Moose Stuff

Any of those three going to make it to campus? I’ll assume Meador won’t think about college until MLB paying for it

Meador is the most likely of the three and I’d be shocked if he doesn’t. He’s about 5’10-5’11 and doesn’t throw particularly hard (mostly 88-91 right now). His bread and butter is a nasty CB. You could comp him maybe to a guy like Eissler (a little bigger than Meador), or if his velo comes on some he’s got a chance to be a Wymer/Winkler type. Of the other two, one is probably a 2nd-3rd round type guy this year (let’s say it’s 50/50, pure guess) and the other is a 2020 that throws up to 97 and might be the best pitcher in that class. You can guess the odds on that one, but you never know.