• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Police issued arrest warrant for wrong man in TCU drug case

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: Police issued arrest warrant for wrong man in TCU drug case

By Marty Sabota
msabota@star-telegram.com

FORT WORTH -- Austin Carpenter was looking for a job Wednesday when his brother called to tell him that his photograph was included in media coverage of drug arrests at TCU.

He rushed to his parents' home, where family members were making frantic calls to Fort Worth police to try to clear up the confusion.

Carpenter's name and photo were released by police Wednesday as they announced that 17 people had been arrested after an undercover drug-buying operation. ...

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/02/15/3738242/police-issued-arrest-warrant-for.html

I knew something was up when it said he was born in 1985. I think many others are right - a bunch of people will lose their job for how this has all gone down.

Do not understand how FWPD swore that this was the guy based on the fact that the unsub drove a truck registered to a carpenter and called himself Austin. Very, very sloppy work by a rookie.

roddog

Banned
In the call from police, he said, he was told that an undercover officer in Fort Worth had made a drug buy from someone in a maroon truck who identified himself as "Austin."

The officer supposedly checked the license plates, which were registered to a woman with the last name of Carpenter. Subsequently, an arrest warrant was issued for Austin Carpenter, who has no connection to TCU.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/02/15/3738242/police-issued-arrest-warrant-for.html#storylink=cpy

now dam, thats some rinky dink police work there :wacko:

Westsider

I'm no attorney, but doesn't this put a hitch in that officer's credibility vis a vis the other affidavits? Ugh, now I'm thinking like a defense attorney.
ph34r.gif

KTown Frog

I was listening to the radio and after reading this, it makes me wonder how credible the undecover officer is. I'm sure most of how it went down was truthful, but is there any evidence on tape of what was said in these meetings? Just wondering if some of the information could have been embellished, like the number of players that would fail the test. I'm just asking, not saying they were right or wrong. Just wanted to see if anyone else thought about that.

The undercover also bought fake drugs on several occasions if I am not mistaken. The level of amateur going on in the investigation is quite alarming.

It gives a whole new idea to innocent until proven guilty. In Brock's arrest warrant, the officer stated that he looked at the picture on the site and stated that this was the person he talked to. Was this done on this warrant? Just wondering.

It gives a whole new idea to innocent until proven guilty. In Brock's arrest warrant, the officer stated that he looked at the picture on the site and stated that this was the person he talked to. Was this done on this warrant? Just wondering.

Try reading the first reply at the top...it explains the assumption they made. It always helps to read topics before replying.

Stiff Arm Frog

Good job, FWPD.

Geez, I'm sure there are some great officers out there, and they do a tough job, but I have met some idiot cops in my time. Doesnt help that two of the worst human beings I knew in college went on to be cops after graduation.

Just like any government job, I suppose. The system could stand a lot of improvement.

NewFrogFan

Good job, FWPD.

Geez, I'm sure there are some great officers out there, and they do a tough job, but I have met some idiot cops in my time. Doesnt help that two of the worst human beings I knew in college went on to be cops after graduation.

Just like any government job, I suppose. The system could stand a lot of improvement.

You should see what "we" deal with inside FAA and TSA.

moose_bigelow

[font="Verdana][size="2"]"Your Honor this warrant is incorrect, we used faulty methodology to determine a suspect's name."[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana] [/font]
[font="Verdana][size="2"]"Sigh. Let everyone go free. Open the jails. Shut down the Fort Worth PD. Turn off the lights until we can recruit and train an entire new police department."[/size][/font]

HToady

Unfortunately TCU admin was standing right up their with them on TV! With their chest puffed out.

Let the lawsuits begin!

Latest posts