• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Patterson saves best for last, announces new contract after beating Baylor

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Patterson saves best for last, announces new contract after beating Baylor

BY CARLOS MENDEZ
cmendez@star-telegram.com

When he finished his remarks about TCU’s 45-22 victory against Baylor, Gary Patterson announced his own personal good news.

The veteran Horned Frogs coach said he signed a new six-year contract that will take him through the 2023 season.

“That way recruiting-wise and everything else, everybody understands where Gary Patterson is and what we stand for and what we’re trying to get done at TCU,” he said.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/article186427868.html

Frog DJ

During his IMG post-game interview, CGP said something like, "We'd just like the thank the fans," and my son and I looked at each other with raised eyebrows.

We both felt it almost sounded like "Goodbye," but CGP didn't elaborate, so when we later heard he had signed an contract extension we were extremely relieved.

Gary Patterson is the undeniably and inarguably best coach in the country for TCU, and I wouldn't want anyone else leading our football program - and I do mean anyone!

Congratulations on a another fantastic season to CGP, his coaches and especially to the players. No matter what happens going forward, this team has been a joy!

Thanks CGP, and we are honored to have you as our head coach.

Go Frogs!

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
At a time when only the truly elite coaches are safe from getting the axe, TCU is so blessed to have our own elite coach. Thanks to CDC and the administration for keeping HCGP happy. Thanks to Kelsey for reminding him how great Fort Worth is. TCU owes him a great debt and it makes me so happy when he is rewarded.

I hope we have a spot picked out for a much bigger statue when GP decides to retire, which I hope does not happen for many years.

BABYFACE

Glad to have GP thru 2024. I fully expect him to move on to retirement at that point. I will be pleasantly surprised if he decides to coach past 2024.