• The KillerFrogs

FWST: NFL-bound? TCU’s edge rushers ready to showcase skills at Senior Bowl

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
NFL-bound? TCU’s edge rushers ready to showcase skills at Senior Bowl

By Drew Davison

MOBILE, Ala. – One has been described as a “long and slippery edge guy.” The other as a “flashy playmaker.”

Both are TCU products and both have NFL potential. Ben Banogu and L.J. Collier are among a number of players who will be looking to make their mark and boost their draft stock at the Reese’s Senior Bowl this week.

Banogu hopes to showcase his athletic ability in making a seamless transition from a stand-up edge rusher at TCU to an outside linebacker. Collier wants to improve upon the buzz he created during the season in his first full season as a starter.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article224760565.html#storylink=cpy

Limp Lizard

And last year Kiper had Banogu as a sure-fire first round pick. Not even on any of his list now. As I am sure what would have happened the minute after he had declared to leave last year. A comparable year on a worse team, but he disappears. I saw that as the trap it was.

Wherever he goes this year it will be higher than last year. Tough luck, Kiper. Your baloney about LT being slow didn't work, either.

Wexahu

And last year Kiper had Banogu as a sure-fire first round pick. Not even on any of his list now. As I am sure what would have happened the minute after he had declared to leave last year. A comparable year on a worse team, but he disappears. I saw that as the trap it was.

Wherever he goes this year it will be higher than last year. Tough luck, Kiper. Your baloney about LT being slow didn't work, either.

I don't see how there's any way you would know that. My guess is he'll probably go in about the same spot this year as he would have last year. And I'm pretty sure this kids that are considering coming out early pay no attention to Mel Kiper anyway, there's too much other better info out there, so what Kiper says is almost completely irrelevant. He's just a showman.

Eight

i don't understand why people pay attention to kiper and mcshay with their lists.

agree with wexahu that their purpose is to generate traffic and conversation no different than the crew of knuckleheads espn has talking about the cfp

Wexahu

In 2001 there was a RB from Mississippi, I think, that Kiper loved, loved, loved. LT was just too slow, until he ran in the 3's in the Combine. Kiper may have moved him up a notch or two, but still had that Ole Miss back at the top.

Was it Duece McCallister? Seems like he was from about that time.

Edit: Just looked it up, it was. He ended up going 23rd.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DxtGZmYUUAAdFZv