• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Max Duggan has emerged as the unquestioned leader of TCU football, Gary Patterson says

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FTW_OSUvsTCUcfb1

Max Duggan has emerged as the unquestioned leader of TCU football, Gary Patterson says

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU football isn’t going to have a quarterback controversy this offseason. As far as who’s starting at least. We’ve already written at-length about the Chandler Morris situation with Oklahoma and its coach Lincoln Riley.

But Max Duggan is QB1 for TCU. He’s the unquestioned leader as coach Gary Patterson said Tuesday.

“He’s fantastic,” Patterson said. “He is the leader over there. He and the offensive line have a great relationship and that’s another key ingredient you look at with how they get along. They have a great relationship. He lives with a couple of them and that always helps with everything.”

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article250484216.html

CountryFrog

We can all debate where Max is with his play on the field. Ultimately that debate will only be settled once the games start. But I have 100% belief in GP's statement about him being a leader and particular his relationship with the OL. The guy plays QB with the same type of attitude and toughness that you want with an o-linemen. That type of toughness and passion is going to endear you to your teammates.

I'm sure WR's get frustrated at times with the ups and downs he's had throwing the ball but I would imagine they all have an incredible amount of respect for him with the way he plays the game. And as long as he's the type of guy who takes ownership of his mistakes then they'll forgive him of his misgivings.

Mean Purple

We can all debate where Max is with his play on the field. Ultimately that debate will only be settled once the games start. But I have 100% belief in GP's statement about him being a leader and particular his relationship with the OL. The guy plays QB with the same type of attitude and toughness that you want with an o-linemen. That type of toughness and passion is going to endear you to your teammates.

I'm sure WR's get frustrated at times with the ups and downs he's had throwing the ball but I would imagine they all have an incredible amount of respect for him with the way he plays the game. And as long as he's the type of guy who takes ownership of his mistakes then they'll forgive him of his misgivings.
My guess is there will be improvement on passing as he will have spring and fall prep this year. Which he did not get much of last year.

ticketfrog123

My guess is there will be improvement on passing as he will have spring and fall prep this year. Which he did not get much of last year.

the Covid cooties prevented him from throwing a football outdoors?

other QBs across the conference and nation were able to make improvements — but Duggan gets an excuse?

his surgery was late in the off-season and did not impact his lack of accuracy that has been an issue the past few years

froginmn

other QBs across the conference and nation were able to make improvements — but Duggan gets an excuse?

his surgery was late in the off-season and did not impact his lack of accuracy that has been an issue the past few years
Are you an Aggie or a Raider?

Your constant negative take on everything is really annoying.

Eight

max showed improvement throwing the ball early in the season. he made some throws he missed the year before, but something did happen to him that impacted his throwing

you compare the way the ball came off his hand against isu and the kansas game and it was obvious something had happened to him.

biggest key is keep him healthy and i think we will see the improvements we saw at the start of 2020

Last edited:

CryptoMiner

The kid has had serious heart issues which are cured but COVID-19 is known to be destructive of heart tissue so don’t be such a. jerk.

ticketfrog123

Are you an Aggie or a Raider?

Your constant negative take on everything is really annoying.

constant negative take on everything?

not sure what rock you’ve been under but I (and more than a few others here and at 24 site) have been disappointed in the offensive woes the past few years

some blame the OL, some blame the QB, everybody blamed some of the offensive coaches

AFAIK there’s only 1 or 2 doctors on this board yet everyone is claiming he had this severe health issue that was fully healed over 3-4 weeks in August AND fully cleared to play football?

something doesn’t add up there

@CryptoMiner so why was he allowed to play during the Covid 19 season? Doctors and his family risked his future (according to your post: his LIFE) for a shortened, meaningless Covid season?

many other players sat out the year on medical conflicts or retired entirely from the sport

Edit: most of the complaining at QB is more with the lack of depth or any options to improve at the position. Downing should never have been a #2 QB on a B12 team

Last edited:

ticketfrog123

I have a good feeling about this team. That first game will be more telling than many think.

Git 'em, Mad Max!

Go Frogs.

are we counting Duquesne as an actual opponent now?

I think Cal is the first game and Duquesne might qualify as the worst body bag team we’ve played in 10 years (maybe more)