• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Joe Gillespie wants TCU defense to take next step against West Virginia

Limey Frog

I imagine Sonny likes it here a lot, but we soon might find out just how much.

I'm not worried about this. Everything he's said suggests that he's happy to make this job his career-defining master work. If anything, winning makes it less likely he'll go anywhere. He's having to much fun.

But if we win 11+ games, some one is giving Riley a call as head coach.

CountryFrog

$$$$

and possibly resume line.
1) Riley will get plenty of money here.
2) I know that UT and A&M love throwing money around but why would they money whip someone to come in and be an OC in name only?
3) You don't get a resume line when everyone knows you're not calling the plays. It's a much bigger resume line to be at a place where you're actually running the offense.

So unless Sark or Jimbo suddenly decide they want to completely hand over the reigns to the offense (or someone decides it for them) then it doesn't make any sense for anyone involved.

Double V

Just get the culture/system in place, on both sides of the ball (which they seem to have already done a good job of), and we'll be fine. We know Sonny loves it here and feels lucky to be the HC, so I doubt he goes anywhere, and we can hope for the same with the others for a few years, but we'll be good with him at the helm!
Agree, and I'd rather lose an offensive guy with Sonny as HC. I'm guessing he's a little more keyed into who the up and comers are on that side of the ball.

bc puckett

Saban is the master of going out and hiring the best guys then integrating them into his organization. No one could be that good, but if Dykes can aspire to be that sort of CEO, TCU is a place where you could see it working. We could get a reputation as the place you want to coach for three years on your way up. That could work out well.
Saban is actually the “master “ of hiring head coaches who have been fired from their previous positions and rehabbing them at little cost to Bama. Kiffin, Sark, O’Brien, Jones , Schiano, etc.