• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Is TCU in danger of falling on the wrong side of the NCAA tournament bubble?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Is TCU in danger of falling on the wrong side of the NCAA tournament bubble?​

Steven Johnson

CT_TCUvUCF_09.jpg

March Madness is underway with a number of bids to the NCAA Tournament already secured at the mid-major level. Now it’s time for the Power conferences to join the mix.

It’s a week full of buzzer beaters, upsets and bid stealers as teams scrap and claw for one last shot to get into the NCAA Tournament.

After an upset loss to UCF on Saturday, there is understandable concern among the fan base that the Horned Frogs could now be one of these teams that need a Cinderella run to make it into the NCAA tournament field. Is that accurate?

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article286561175.html

Also at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...ide-of-the-ncaa-tournament-bubble/ar-BB1jMqgd

Last edited:

bp4tcu

When you have Tech fans on your board masquerading as TCU fans you should expect dumb negative comments.

Dixon had winning conference records at Pitt in 10 of his 13 seasons. The basketball program at TCU has always been less of a focal point than football; Dixon has done a lot to change that.
Just because I speak truths doesn’t mean I’m a fan of another school. Just saying what’s tough for y’all to hear.

Why should we care what he did at Pitt? I have this same argument with my brother who keeps pointing to that. Who cares? He’s here now.

He’s been here for 8 years, maybe time to focus on that and what he’s done (or not done) here instead of looking at Pitt. I can’t understand the mental gymnastics of feeling better about his tenure here by looking at this record at Pitt.

Bball is a lesser focal point than football at 9 out of 10 schools. Irrelevant point and no defense for his garbage conference record.

ftwfrog

Just because I speak truths doesn’t mean I’m a fan of another school. Just saying what’s tough for y’all to hear.

Why should we care what he did at Pitt? I have this same argument with my brother who keeps pointing to that. Who cares? He’s here now.

He’s been here for 8 years, maybe time to focus on that and what he’s done (or not done) here instead of looking at Pitt. I can’t understand the mental gymnastics of feeling better about his tenure here by looking at this record at Pitt.

Bball is a lesser focal point than football at 9 out of 10 schools. Irrelevant point and no defense for his garbage conference record.
He’s turned us from the laughing stock of the Big 12, and a school that hasn’t been to an NCAA tournament in 20 years, to a team that is about to go to its 4th tourney in 6 years.

bp4tcu

He’s turned us from the laughing stock of the Big 12, and a school that hasn’t been to an NCAA tournament in 20 years, to a team that is about to go to its 4th tourney in 6 years.
We'll see. Seems like we're a bubble team at best but I'm happy to be wrong.

Horned Frogs are currently a 10 seed and Oklahoma a 9 In Lunardi’s bracketology. If TCU wins today he may just flip those seeds - TCU 9 and Oklahoma 10. I want the Frogs to win today but I would rather them be a 10 seed than a 9.

Last edited:

y2kFrog

Oklahoma is team facing injury problems and a coach looking to go home. If we can’t beat them, what’s the point? Somehow, I’m still not very confident in our ability to stop anybody right now.

LVH

Fortunately, other bubble teams haven't done their part. Also Oklahoma's coach has rumors swirling that he is headed back to Chicago so that distraction probably plays in our favor today as well.

LVH

Oklahoma is team facing injury problems and a coach looking to go home. If we can’t beat them, what’s the point? Somehow, I’m still not very confident in our ability to stop anybody right now.
I thought Udeh coming back would give us some badly needed rim protection but those 2 UCF players just decided to hit every 15+ foot jumper they took instead so it didn't matter. And Udeh isn't back in the kind of shape needed to run up and down the floor for 25+ minutes yet

Bizarro Frog

What’s the benefit to being 10? You play the 2 seed in the second round instead of the 1 ?
Yes. I don’t think they would put us in Houston’s bracket as the 8 or 9. That means we would have 33% chance of drawing UCONN (no bueno). If we are an 8-9 I hope we get Perdue as the #1. They seem to have the most potential to be upset.

Either way I hope we win today and that should almost assure we get in.

froginmn

Would love to play Perdue….. definitely a team we can beat. One game at a time…..
I've seen them play a few times this year. They have the huge inside presence of Edey but they also have some good shooters. Given last year's first round exit I feel like they will be out to prove something.

If you can get Edey in foul trouble you have a good chance but I don't think they will be real beatable this year.

JMO

FrogAbroad

For those of us out of the DFW market, and with only the basic ESPN cable (no pluses, no bells and/or whistles) is there any Internet or other media coverage of the game?