• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Iowa Tough: TCU QB Max Duggan brings an old-school approach in today’s college game

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Iowa Tough: TCU QB Max Duggan brings an old-school approach in today’s college game

FTW_KansasvsTCU20

BY DREW DAVISON

Max Duggan has no plans to transfer. He doesn’t expect TCU’s new coaching staff to hand him the starting quarterback job this offseason, either, and is ready to compete for it.

Duggan is a rarity among college athletes these days with his old-school mindset at a time when it’s easier than ever for athletes to transfer. Amid TCU’s coaching change, Duggan is showing his commitment to the school rather than a particular coach. And he’s showing his commitment to the team rather than himself by prolonging foot surgery until after the regular season.

“There’s nothing really that has changed. I want to be here at TCU,” Duggan said of the school’s pending coaching change. “I haven’t really focused too much about it, though, ‘cause I’m just focused on Iowa State right now. When everything happens, we’ll figure it out.”

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article256051632.html#storylink=cpy