• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Iowa State coach recalls pregame conversation with Patterson about TCU’s playoff chances

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: Iowa State coach recalls pregame conversation with Patterson about TCU’s playoff chances

By Travis L. Brown
Special to the Star-Telegram

TCU coach Gary Patterson has been clear about how he believed that his Horned Frogs wouldn’t make the inaugural College Football Playoff before they kicked off their season finale against Iowa State.

On Tuesday, Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads recalled the conversation he had with Patterson before TCU’s 55-3 rout.

“I said something to the effect of, ‘If we’re not able to win this game and get out of here, good luck in the playoff,’” Rhoads said. “I truly expected them to go and he was quick to say, ‘I don’t think we’re going to get in.’”

The prediction surprised Rhoads. At the time, he couldn’t see any way how a team sitting third in the nation could drop out of the top four after what would be a blowout win, he said. ...

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/college-confidential-blog/article28360780.html