• The KillerFrogs

FWST: His dad played for the Harlem Globetrotters. But this TCU star has sights set on NFL

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
His dad played for the Harlem Globetrotters. But this TCU star has sights set on NFL

BY DREW DAVISON
ddavison@star-telegram.com

Editor’s note: TCU defensive tackle Ross Blacklock sustained a season-ending injury on Tuesday. The Star-Telegram has updated this in-depth profile of him.

Ross Blacklock never leaves home without it.

There’s always a Harlem Globetrotters signature red, white and blue basketball in the trunk of his car. He knows how to do all the tricks from spinning the ball on his finger to the inner roll.

That’s not too surprising. His dad, Jimmy Blacklock, is a former player and coach for the famed traveling team.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article216720615.html

CountryFrog

No team can lose a player of his caliber without it hurting. Can't afford any more.
There will certainly be more injuries, probably at least one more to a key player. It's just a matter of who and when. So we better be able to afford more.

It certainly hurts a lot losing Ross, though.

Eight

agree on the quality of the article and more importantly the comments from jimmy blacklock on ross' decision to play at tcu and the impact tcu has had on ross.

damn shame more parents/family/etc don't do as the blacklocks did and support their son through the decision process instead of push them to various schools and programs

First Tommy Blake, then DeVonte Fields, now Russ. Seems like TCU is snake-bit with star D-linemen not making it through the summer. Who else am I forgetting?

Eight

First Tommy Blake, then DeVonte Fields, now Russ. Seems like TCU is snake-bit with star D-linemen not making it through the summer. Who else am I forgetting?

don't remember hughes getting hurt or the schobel's and not only did they have decent tcu careers but did well after tcu

fields final undoings at tcu were self-inflicted and injuries happen.

don't remember hughes getting hurt or the schobel's and not only did they have decent tcu careers but did well after tcu

fields final undoings at tcu were self-inflicted and injuries happen.
I'm not saying that the three I mentioned had any issues in common. It's just that they all couldn't play for one reason or the other.

Bizarro Frog

Achilles injuries really suck. I hope he does exactly what is needed to come back from it. Good thing is once they repair it it’s supposed to be stronger than than a normal one. I think it affects your speed but since he is a giant powerful human in the middle of the field that just disrupts every play and does not have to run down Turpin he should be fine.

Get better Big Ross. We will need you when we go back to back Big 12 Champs.

gratefulfrog

this is a great article. i am a huge fan of ross, and thought he was poised to get national coverage for his ability this year. that said, injuries are a part of the game and hopefully he can find ways to improve this season despite his injury. guys like ross are always in demand in the nfl so i think he'll end up being fine.