• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Gray adds Aggies to junior day trips

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: Gray adds Aggies to junior day trips

By Brent Shirley
bshirley@star-telegram.com

Aledo junior running back Johnathan Gray visited Texas A&M on Sunday on his third junior day stop in less than a month.

"The A&M junior day was great," Gray said Sunday night. "It makes me realize how many great universities there are in Texas."

Gray visited Texas last weekend and TCU two weeks before that.

"My visits have pretty much been on the same plane so far," Gray said. "Great facilities and great coaches. What stands out about A&M is the team's tradition and how the Aggies want to be different." ...

cdsfrog

Still 95% of what he desires from a schools describes TCU, maybe 50% at best for other schools. Hopefully we will land him, just have to wait and see.

roddog

Banned
[url="http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/02/20/2863480/gray-adds-aggies-to-"Great facilities and great coaches. What stands out about A&M is the team's tradition and how the Aggies want to be different." ...

if either not showing up to bowl games or getting your teeth kicked in during them is his version of different, then have at it, havent the aggies won like 1 bowl game in 20 years, the only one i can think of was v tcu

TCURiggs

if either not showing up to bowl games or getting your teeth kicked in during them is his version of different, then have at it, havent the aggies won like 1 bowl game in 20 years, the only one i can think of was v tcu

True. In fairness, LSU is a bit tougher than mighty Northwestern. I also believe the Aggies have scoreboard on Tech.

jake102

True. In fairness, LSU is a bit tougher than mighty Northwestern. I also believe the Aggies have scoreboard on Tech.

The Aggy vs Sand Aggy game is always a terrible one because it's impossible to root for either. Although I've been to one of those games and the atmosphere was crazy.

TCURiggs

The Aggy vs Sand Aggy game is always a terrible one because it's impossible to root for either. Although I've been to one of those games and the atmosphere was crazy.

I hear ya. I've got solid family ties to both schools, but based on my own findings I cannot root for Tech. As cultish as the Aggies are, I've had many more reasonable football conversations with their fans than I've had with Tech fans. Most of the Aggies I know realize that they've been mediocre for a long time and admit that TCU would wear them out. That isn't the case with most Tech fans I run across...exhibit A: Roddog.

TCURiggs

and you do realize anm has has scoreboard on tcu since 1973, isnt it something like 30 in row?

Actually 2001, but that doesn't matter. I was comparing the two mediocre football programs, and currently the Aggies have scoreboard on Tech. TCU has blown those two out of the water the last several years, so I'm not concerned about what we did 10 years ago (or 30). If Gray wants to go to A&M or Tech and get 3rd or 4th in the Big XII South every year, then so be it. I bet he doesn't though.