• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Gov. Perry toasts Horned Frogs, bashes BCS

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: Gov. Perry toasts Horned Frogs, bashes BCS

By Aman Batheja
abatheja@star-telegram.com

AUSTIN -- There was a brief breakout of Horned Frogs fever and subsequent BCS bashing in the state Capitol on Tuesday when Gov. Rick Perry delivered his traditional start of the session speech to the Texas House.

State Rep. Lois Kolkhorst, R-Brenham, introduced Perry to the newly convened House members.

With TCU's Rose Bowl victory still fresh on lawmakers' minds, Perry noted approvingly that Kolkhorst, a former TCU athletics marketing director, was wearing purple. Referring to TCU's victory, Perry declared that's "another reason they need to get rid of the BCS."

Gunner

Perry has my vote.

He also saved me 8 dollars a month on my electric bill.

Know he is an Aggie, but I still like him.. :biggrin:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Now, if he hosts the team at the Capitol for a nice ceremony and glad-handing session, I'd be right pleased!

It's only fitting.

YA

Perry has my vote.

He also saved me 8 dollars a month on my electric bill.

Know he is an Aggie, but I still like him.. :biggrin:
How in the world did perry save you $8 dollars on your electric bill? It sure wasn't because he put pressure on the companies to lower their rates--that would be going against his corporate donor base interests.

weklfrog

Goodhair probably wants to get rid of the BCS because he blames it for allowing us in the Rose Bowl in the first place.