1. The KillerFrogs

FWST: For one night, TCU was a basketball school. But the Frogs still have a ways to go

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by TopFrog, Feb 12, 2019.

1. For one night, TCU was a basketball school. But the Frogs still have a ways to go

By Mac Engel

For one night, TCU answered the Twitter challenge set by ESPN color analyst Fran Fraschilla, who Tweeted on Sunday, “Don’t care who wins but this is a big chance for @tcubasketball to show on Big Monday that you are becoming a basketball school, too. You have a great coach, great arena, great league.”

All true. For one highly entertaining evening, TCU was a “basketball school.”

Seven years of genuine effort, and tens of millions of dollars invested, yielded what most casual, educated and rational observers never thought was possible on Monday night when TCU was favored by 3 points to defeat Kansas in basketball.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article226128530.html#storylink=cpy

2. TCU needs a nudger. A player who can take up the slack and nudger them on over.
    This team has the talent but appears to be out of place often. Personally I think we've seen the best this team can give you 96% of the time. The other four % will come on surprise evenings.

3. Knew by the headline who wrote this. Didn't read.

4. .....says a Jayhawk fan

Realtorfrog likes this.
  5. A good article. And Mac is right, having the students closer to the floor would be great.

TooColdU and Horned Toad like this.
  6. You can tell me what it says, 'cause I ain't clicking. But don't you know that's how they get you? They sprinkle juuuuuust enough truth in something to make you say, "Hmmm."

Despite the odds Frog likes this.
  7. Not sure what you’re implying. It was a positive article about TCU basketball, with a suggestion thrown in.

8. Sarcasm, bro.

9. Just knew D’Engelberry was writer.

10. I believe there is a Big 12 rule that the students are as close to the floor as is allowed. They cannot be behind the team benches.

Despite the odds Frog likes this.
  11. That what my teacher daughter tells her kids during fire drills.

12. Is there a rule that says it was a good idea to install giant garage doors behind both goals, so that opposing shooters are less distracted?

*googles* I guess not
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

froginmn likes this.
  13. #13 texas_sicilian, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019 at 6:27 PM
    Every piece of his has to have a snarky dig or backhanded compliment.

How about an article titled, “For one day, Mac was a true sports journalist”.

Wonder how he’d take that.

lord_ek0, DeFrog, nwlafrog and 5 others like this.
  14. That was Jaylen Fisher. We just need to wait for the next great thing.

15. Fake news. He's never been a journalist.

16. Just send him a message with three words, “learn to code”, and see how he responds.

17. When the frogs win a National Championship in football, Mac's headline will be, "TCU relishes it's one day in the limelight" !

18. I think I saw muck last night, arriving slightly late, wearing purple if I'm not mistaken. So weird...

19. The height of hypocrisy if he was late.

satis1103 and MTfrog5 like this.
  20. One night as "a basketball school," eh? Well...that's one night longer than the Muckster has been a respected journalist.