• The KillerFrogs

FWST: East side grandstands added to TCU stadium renovation

TCUBetterThanYou

FWIW...My sources say new capacity after East side reno will be 43K - 45K.

I think 43 would be a perfect number. We would sell out consistently so the stands would look great. I hope they will have the same type of patio at the top of the east side that they have on the north deck so that tons of SROs can be sold to big games. 43k in the seats plus 5K or so SRO tickets to big games would be great crowds.

Count me in the group that thinks 50K seating capacity is too big for us. We just had two back to back undefeated regular seasons and our attendance was around 42K. I would much rather see a full stadium for home games than be able to provide our enemies with five thousand tickets on our one sell out each year.

If we get to the point where we're selling 7-8K SROs per game, great! That is when we should move to a 50K capacity. Until then, we should keep it to where the game day atmosphere is the best. Ask any player- they hate looking up into empty seats at home.

Big Frog II

I think 43 would be a perfect number. We would sell out consistently so the stands would look great. I hope they will have the same type of patio at the top of the east side that they have on the north deck so that tons of SROs can be sold to big games. 43k in the seats plus 5K or so SRO tickets to big games would be great crowds.

Count me in the group that thinks 50K seating capacity is too big for us. We just had two back to back undefeated regular seasons and our attendance was around 42K. I would much rather see a full stadium for home games than be able to provide our enemies with five thousand tickets on our one sell out each year.

If we get to the point where we're selling 7-8K SROs per game, great! That is when we should move to a 50K capacity. Until then, we should keep it to where the game day atmosphere is the best. Ask any player- they hate looking up into empty seats at home.
Someone gets it.

OmniscienceFrog

Im confused. By CDC's comments, its sounds like they are still raising money to do the east side, not that the money is there to complete the east side.

"Del Conte said. "Our goal is to raise enough to finish the east side and have the entire stadium ready by 2012."

So at this point, are we still just talking about it, or its actually going to be done?

Here is exactly how I read it. "We're going to go ahead and do the east side too and have the whole stadium ready to go in 2012. We don't have all the money rounded up just yet, but we will pretty soon."

froginaustin

Here is exactly how I read it. We're going to go ahead and do the east side too and have the whole stadium ready to go in 2012. We don't have all the money rounded up just yet, but we will pretty soon.
" and I [CDC] have no intention of announcing publicly and specifically what we want to include in the east side project, because if we can round up enough money by being vague as to our total fund-raising goal, we may end up being able to afford more than the minimum we initially planned. On the west side project's fund raising, we were able to add the weight room, etc., upgrades when we raised more money at that stage than we earlier anticipated. "

Of course that's not what CDC actually said, but what I heard concerning the specifics of the building project.

SnoopFrogs11

It seems like from what Del Conte said that they will have all the funds and construction done by 2012. They are working on raising the funds right now for the renovating the visitors side aka the east side of the stadium.

OmniscienceFrog

Sounds like an upper deck

An upper deck on the east side is not necessary for the north end zone upper deck to connect to the east side. The north end zone upper deck is not as high as the west side upper deck or an upper deck on the east side will be. The north end zone upper deck will connect to the lower level (or mezzanine levels) of the west and east sides.

You can see where the north end zone upper deck seats will connect to the west stands here:

ACSredeveloped.jpg

Should connect similarly on the east side I would guess.

Stiff Arm Frog

You can also see what the stadium will look like here, although these pictures show an upper deck over the East side. From what Del Conte said we will get this, but hold the East upper deck in reserve for expansion later.

http://hksinc.com/#/...gallery=57&id=0

Those photos are a bit old though -- you'll notice they don't show the upper deck over the North endzone.

OmniscienceFrog

The cost of 10-15 million $$ needed (so a total of 35+ mil) for was a full renovation of the east side. Replacing the seats has nowhere near that cost.

I don't think he meant just replacing the seats on the east side. Rather he meant tearing down and replacing the east stands with the same amount of seating that it has now.

TCUFrogs

Very pleased to see this moving along so well. So glad to be a Horned Frog! I wonder if my seats will change much for 2012 or be near the same location ....

Scarface

Something like page 33, but not as big?
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tcu/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/StadiumPPT.pdf

Thanks! Page 33 would make for a great look and fits well with the north endzone, etc.

I was kind of hoping they would aim for a 50,000 seat stadium somewhere down the line. Does the above drawing get us there or just close to it? Anyway, it's awfully cool looking.

Go Frogs!

Opintel

Moderators
Thanks! Page 33 would make for a great look and fits right with the north endzone, etc.

I was kind of hoping they would aim for a 50,000 seat stadium somewhere down the line. Does the above rendition get us there or just close to it?

Go Frogs!
I think that's the 50K...won't that be noisy? :biggrin: