• The KillerFrogs

FWST: East side grandstands added to TCU stadium renovation

PurplePutt

You're saying the same thing I did. Look at the brochure picture then the one I photoshopped. They will be able to build on top of the "deck" because they will put in the infrastructure/foundation to do so. I don't have time to link a pic now, but go back and look through the stadium presentation...specifically looking at the external views of the East side. You can see where they can will be able to start with just the ground and second tiers...leave a "deck" on top with a new complete external facade... nd then add on that third tier (covering the deck) at some point down the road.

They would have to build the foundation in with the east facade. See page 5. The extra section of the upper deck would have to rest on that east facade. If you look at page 33, the portals are part of that "extended" upper deck. The stairs to get to those portals would have to be incorporated into the initial rebuild of the east side and what about a concourse on that level? Where would it be. Just doesn't look to be room for all that without building it to begin with.

Having said all of that--what do I know. :rolleyes:

They would have to build the foundation in with the east facade. See page 5. The extra section of the upper deck would have to rest on that east facade. If you look at page 33, the portals are part of that "extended" upper deck. The stairs to get to those portals would have to be incorporated into the initial rebuild of the east side and what about a concourse on that level? Where would it be. Just doesn't look to be room for all that without building it to begin with.

Having said all of that--what do I know. :rolleyes:

No, you are pointing out some valid issues and challenges inherent to the various renderings out there. Keep in mind that when those models were put together, the admin was not expecting to do anything to the East side for a while...and those pictures reflect the longer term vision with capacity that is undoubtedly higher than 43k.

We know that the recent announcement about moving forward with the East side has also been met with "insider" talk of 43k capacity, then we can logically figure out how they plan to move forward. There is no way to build a full side East side like in the presentation plus the completed West side AND the completed North endzone and be at 43k.

I would fully expect that the final version looks a bit different than the presentation pics, and they will build it in a way that the third tier can be added later...to get to 50k seating plus SRO.

PurplePutt

That makes sense to me.

If that is true though, the lower level concourse will have to be much larger than required for just one extra tier of seats above the lower bowl.

Also the east facade (as shown) construction would have to be delayed until after the expansion or would have to be moved back far enough from the middle tier to fit in and be part of the foundation for the upper tier?

Might look weird? I suppose some architectural wizard will figure it out.