• The KillerFrogs

FWST: All clear issued after TCU evacuates buildings due to gas leak on campus Monday morning

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

All clear issued after TCU evacuates buildings due to gas leak on campus Monday morning​

Story by James Hartley, Fort Worth Star-Telegram

TCU evacuated several buildings on campus Monday morning due to a gas leak, according to an emergency alert sent to students and staff.

The leak has since been fixed and the all-clear sent out to students, a university spokesperson told the Star-Telegram.

The alert message told everyone to evacuate Jarvis Hall, Ed Landreth Hall and Auditorium, Foster Hall and Waits Hall and to avoid the surrounding area while emergency personnel responded to the leak. Jarvis and Ed Landreth are classroom buildings, while Foster and Waits are dorms.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a...gas-leak-on-campus-monday-morning/ar-BB1lFtnF

allclearforfrogs

Little known Texas history of a devastating school explosion.
My grandmother witnessed the explosion. She worked at the school and was late that day. She was an organist played the organ for dozens of funerals for the kids. Adolf Hitler (yes) wrote a letter of sympathy to the school and town which I believe is still housed in the museum.

Paint It Purple

My grandmother witnessed the explosion. She worked at the school and was late that day. She was an organist played the organ for dozens of funerals for the kids. Adolf Hitler (yes) wrote a letter of sympathy to the school and town which I believe is still housed in the museum.
The letter is displayed at the museum, yes. I toured the museum a couple of years ago, and it is more than well worth the time if you are ever near New London. My tour guide's sister died in the explosion, so his accounts of every single item in the facility are real and impactful. Most of the guides are older and have some close connection to the event. Sadly, these people will disappear too soon.

froginmn

Scary stuff. My HS suffered a horrendous explosion just a few years ago; fortunately it was during the summer so it only claimed two lives. Forced a major rebuild ...

Latest posts