• The KillerFrogs

FWST: After near upset of Arizona, TCU’s priority is retaining Eddie Lampkin and Mike Miles

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
After near upset of Arizona, TCU’s priority is retaining Eddie Lampkin and Mike Miles

AP22080187815061.jpg

BY Big Steaming Pile

TCU’s Jamie Dixon immediate recruiting priorities are not a high school kid, or a potential transfer, but his own players.

That makes him no different than most college coaches these days, but he does have at least two players who may need convincing to return to college basketball for one more season.

Both starting center Eddie Lampkin and guard Mike Miles could use it.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article259616954.html#storylink=cpy

Dr.HFroog

I may be in the minority on this but I don't think either is NBA-ready. While Miles' talent is unmistakable his ball-handling needs improvement and he seems to lose focus too frequently, making turnovers with sloppy play and lazy passes. I hope he learns from Desmond Bane that additional time playing College ball pays off big time. Eddie -- great game of his life Sunday. Engaging personality - crowd favorite for sure, but also needs more seasoning before heading for greener pastures. Of course, they must do what is in their perceived best interest after looking at all options and taking advise of people more expert in this arena.

CountryFrog

I may be in the minority on this but I don't think either is NBA-ready. While Miles' talent is unmistakable his ball-handling needs improvement and he seems to lose focus too frequently, making turnovers with sloppy play and lazy passes. I hope he learns from Desmond Bane that additional time playing College ball pays off big time. Eddie -- great game of his life Sunday. Engaging personality - crowd favorite for sure, but also needs more seasoning before heading for greener pastures. Of course, they must do what is in their perceived best interest after looking at all options and taking advise of people more expert in this arena.
I don't think you're in the minority in that at all. Lampkin is far away from being draftable imo.

Miles is a 6' guard who shot under 40%. His talent is certainly at an NBA level but there's not a high demand for a short and inefficient volume scorer in the NBA. As someone else pointed out, other pro options outside of the NBA would be the only concern. That and of course NIL shopping.

Francis Xavier

Miles maybe but I talk to a mavs scout on twitter alot and he’s saying late second round at best after a meh shooting performance this year .

Eddie is nowhere ready for NBA. Gain strength, lose 15 more pounds of fat, and he will be a more athletic and taller version of dejuan blair next season with a chance to be the best big in america. Don’t think he is NBA ready yet.

Eight

the question on miles to me is what does he bring to the nba that a number of guys who are playing overseas and in the gleague don't do better?

he is talented, but he still needs work and when you are closer to 6' than 7' i don't think they give you the same time to grow and develop while sitting on the end of an nba bench

Francis Xavier

I’d say whatever other places can do we can too, right? Hate that it is getting to this point but any coach/program that wants to survive I presume is going to have to step up.

Dogfrog

If we’re officially in an era where I have to spend every offseason worried about losing our better players to NIL deals then I’m just gonna be totally out on college sports.
If the college presidents allow the trend to continue to that level, they could lose fans. I think the risk is people moving from season tickets to TV exclusively, or worse just no interest.