• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘Today was embarrassing.’ TCU baseball falls flat against Texas in series finale

Armadillo

tenor.gif

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Why is Johnny Ray a weekend Starter? Or a starter at all for that matter?

Surely we have more starting pitcher depth than this?!

Spike

Pretty hard to ask a team with 4 sac bunts on the year to bunt in that situation. And two of those sac bunts weren’t even the right thing to do. I can’t recall who was up but I do remember thinking to myself that there was just under a -15% chance we’d attempt to bunt.

I am flabbergasted that is not a bigger part of our O, especially when you play in a park non conducive to HRs and you are attempting to get to a park not conducive to HRs (TD Ameritrade), and a good number of your players have wheels. They should be decent bunters.

Paint It Purple

I am flabbergasted that is not a bigger part of our O, especially when you play in a park non conducive to HRs and you are attempting to get to a park not conducive to HRs (TD Ameritrade), and a good number of your players have wheels. They should be decent bunters.
You can’t really argue with this team’s approach and offensive strategy-considering their W/L record. BUT, if you watch the pressure Texas put on a really really good TCU defense, I personally believe in incorporating bunting into an offense at the right time. Sunday the score was 5-zip, so you’re already feeling pressure and Texas just applied more pressure with the bunt. PS: David Pearce UT coach is probably a fine human being....but his Joe Madden impersonation pisses me off.