• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘Racist motive’ for dress code? TCU coach denied entry at West 7th bar over Air Jordans

Double V

The problem with this is that saying what one race wears, is, in fact, racial stereotyping.

Even if it is an established or documented fact.
Yes, it is racial stereotyping to state that such garb is more prevalent among a certain race. However that doesn't make it racist, or inherently incorrect for that matter.

Now, if Ron was to say that only black dudes wear Timberlands and, therefore, they are inferior because of it...THAT would be racist. But that's not at all what he's saying. Racism and stereotyping are two different things.

SuperBarrFrog

You have to admit, however, that there is a large segment of people who are eager to seize upon the slightest grievance to make a point. This has created an atmosphere that makes it very difficult to have rational conversations about such matters. I was simply pointing out that in many circumstances, there is an inherent level of hypocrisy required to make such points.

Everyone agrees there are crazy views on both sides of every issue. Your point was flat out wrong. That’s no excuse for having a crappy, unempathetic, and incorrect view on how others are affected by racist behaviors. Lot of folks on this site need to stop making excuses and start making apologies cuz your justifications are a bad bad look. That’s my humble opinion.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
The Phil Collins album “No Jacket Required” is a reference to him getting kicked out of The Pump Room in Chicago. The ‘don’t you know who I am?’ excuse apparently didn’t work. My wife and I ate there awhile back and they still enforce it.

BABYFACE

Everyone agrees there are crazy views on both sides of every issue. Your point was flat out wrong. That’s no excuse for having a crappy, unempathetic, and incorrect view on how others are affected by racist behaviors. Lot of folks on this site need to stop making excuses and start making apologies cuz your justifications are a bad bad look. That’s my humble opinion.

UntimelyActualDuckbillcat-max-1mb.gif