• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘Just the worst pitching staff’: TCU baseball coach fumes over 10 walks issued in loss

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
‘Just the worst pitching staff’: TCU baseball coach fumes over 10 walks issued in loss

By Drew Davison

TCU baseball coach Jim Schlossnagle didn’t hold his tongue when discussing his pitching staff. Not on a night they combined to issue 10 walks, including four four-pitch walks.

“It’s just the worst pitching staff that I’ve had in 16 years to this point,” Schlossnagle said after TCU’s 11-6 loss at Dallas Baptist on Tuesday night.

“It’s disappointing.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article229095134.html#storylink=cpy

At least it's not injuries. Then I would really be upset as that would be another example of a major TCU sport going down because the support staff can't keep any active sport team healthy.

Pharm Frog

“It’s just disappointing, man,” Schlossnagle said. “For 16 years, we’ve prided ourselves on playing really clean baseball. And this is the most unclean brand of baseball that I’ve been a part of in 30 years of college coaching.”

LeagueCityFrog

Lodolo and Perez, most days, are the only two we have that are consistently pitching at the TCU standard that has been built here. If Schloss is telling the paper this group of pitchers are the worst he's had here ever, I can imagine what he's saying to them individually. It sucks that we are wasting this great batting production with this more than awful pitching.

LawFrog504

Love the honesty. You know he's been telling these guys the same thing internally, and it hasn't worked, so he's seeing if the media wakes them up. We have so many pieces in place, a "national champoinship offense," The best friday night starter in the nation, some guys in the field with unreal range that have saved multiple games. We are just looking for some guys that can throw strikes out of the pen. Buckle down and let's find another gear the rest of the way

frogs9497

“It’s just disappointing, man,” Schlossnagle said. “For 16 years, we’ve prided ourselves on playing really clean baseball. And this is the most unclean brand of baseball that I’ve been a part of in 30 years of college coaching.”

Wow. Glad he wasn’t venting like this last year.

Froggish

I was catcher growing up and I had a cranky old baseball coach that would get all worked up and say funny [ Finebaum ]...

When a guy was walking to many guys...
“God Damn it spin the wheel! throw strikes and let’s take our @;$$:&@ chances...the other guys want to play to!...Fix it!

My favorite is He’d ask a pitcher why he was throwing so many breaking pitches..Inevitably the pitcher would say he wasn’t and the coach would respond with “God Damn it..then why aren’t any going over the plate!...Fix it!”

Ever word out of his mouth would start with a “God Damn it” and end in a “Fix it”

Moose Stuff

At least it's not injuries. Then I would really be upset as that would be another example of a major TCU sport going down because the support staff can't keep any active sport team healthy.

Well..... Janczak WAS hurt and Smith and Sloan ARE hurt soooooo......

And no, I’m not insinuating the training staff is even 1% responsible for any of it. Just pointing out facts.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Can you do this without everyone packing up a
I was catcher growing up and I had a cranky old baseball coach that would get all worked up and say funny [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]...

When a guy was walking to many guys...
“God Damn it spin the wheel! throw strikes and let’s take our @;$$:&@ chances...the other guys want to play to!...Fix it!

My favorite is He’d ask a pitcher why he was throwing so many breaking pitches..Inevitably the pitcher would say he wasn’t and the coach would respond with “God Damn it..then why aren’t any going over the plate!...Fix it!”

Ever word out of his mouth would start with a “God Damn it” and end in a “Fix it”

When I was catching it was one of three things, had the yips, scared to give up a hit or just sucked as a pitcher. The last one shouldn’t be an issue at D1 level...

Favorite mound chat, had a guy that called me out and started ranting about a guy going downtown on him and said he’s going down the next time up. Coach comes out said, “so, you’re mad at him for doing his job!?! Try doing yours and getting outs, which is where you’ll be if you throw at anyone!”