• The KillerFrogs

FS Southwest: Top five active college football coaches

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FS Southwest: Top five active college football coaches

416267.jpg

College football coaches seemingly have it made. They get paid millions of dollars to do what they love. They become the face of a program and, in some instances, an entire university and town. They make celebrity appearances at fundraisers, golf tournaments and other charity functions. And they get to work with young men who are eager to work and improve themselves with the hopes that, one day, they'll play on Sundays. ...

1. Gary Patterson, TCU – How does a private institution with an enrollment of fewer than 10,000 compete with the likes of BCS juggernauts? How does a school which was dragged by an NCAA-levied probation and general malaise rebound to become an elite national football program? How did TCU manage to crash the tradition of the Rose Bowl…and then beat big, bad Wisconsin?

It's largely thanks to one man. Gary Patterson wasn't a big name when he took over the job in Fort Worth after Dennis Franchione left for Alabama. The Frogs were fresh off a shared conference championship in 2000, but figured to be a typical non-BCS flash in the pan. The first half of the decade saw TCU waffle between greatness and mediocrity: back-to-back double-digit win seasons in 2002 and 2003 were followed by a sub-.500 year in 2004. ...

geefrogs

normally I can click on the heading of the article and it sends me to it. Not the case with this one. Am I doing something wrong?

Frogo

Key thought from the column:

"When the Frogs competed for a spot in – and were ultimately left out of – the national title game in 2010, they did so without a hint of indiscretion or scandal. That can't be said of the two participants in the game."

We should never, never, never ever take Gary Patterson and his accomplishment at TCU for granted.

Raw Frog

This is huge, or rightly should be, for recruiting.
What is the latest news on Devin Fuller?
Surely this is not lost on him...