• The KillerFrogs

From news 8 austin

HFrog1999

QUOTE(D_Frog @ Jun 8 2010, 04:36 PM) [snapback]571833[/snapback]
I agree that this is funny.

However, why does everyone seem so sure Baylor will not end up in the MWC if we expand? Am I missing something?

It seems to me that the MWC would be better off with CO instead of Baylor and if Baylor doesn't get the invite from PAC then CO will.

Please let me know what I am missing here.

I would most definately prefer Colorado over Baylor. However, I enjoy watching Baylor suffer and just because Baylor doesn't get in the Pac-16 doesn't mean the MWC adds them. They don't really offer much. Let them go to Conference USA or the Sunbelt.

Big Frog II

QUOTE(D_Frog @ Jun 8 2010, 03:36 PM) [snapback]571833[/snapback]

However, why does everyone seem so sure Baylor will not end up in the MWC if we expand? Am I missing something?

It seems to me that the MWC would be better off with CO instead of Baylor and if Baylor doesn't get the invite from PAC then CO will.

Because we don't like them. I doubt they would want to join our two-bit league. Well that's what they have been calling it all these years.

desmith03

QUOTE(D_Frog @ Jun 8 2010, 04:36 PM) [snapback]571833[/snapback]

While the Big 12 remnants would be pursued by the MWC, the top-tier would definitely be CU, KU & KSU. If CU goes to the Pac-16, and Baylor is in the left-behinds, I think the MWC would pursue, KU, KSU, Iowa State, Boise State & Baylor in that order (excluding picking up teams from any other conference). I'm not sold on whether Iowa State or Boise would be 3 vs 4, considering that we're primarily talking about TV revenue.

EDIT: Considering other conferences, I'd bet that any of Fresno State, Nevada, Houston, or (gasp) SMU might get picked up before Baylor (not in any order).

D_Frog

QUOTE(HFrog1999 @ Jun 8 2010, 03:42 PM) [snapback]571840[/snapback]
I would most definately prefer Colorado over Baylor. However, I enjoy watching Baylor suffer and just because Baylor doesn't get in the Pac-16 doesn't mean the MWC adds them. They don't really offer much. Let them go to Conference USA or the Sunbelt.

I agree. I was just wondering why everyone is acting like the MWC would not add them if this all goes down. I'm I missing something or is this just what everyone is assuming bc it would be that much more funny.

desmith03

QUOTE(D_Frog @ Jun 8 2010, 04:52 PM) [snapback]571851[/snapback]
I agree. I was just wondering why everyone is acting like the MWC would not add them if this all goes down. I'm I missing something or is this just what everyone is assuming bc it would be that much more funny.

Baylor doesn't bring much to the MWC plate:

- First (& Foremost): They aren't in a large or untapped media market.
- Two: their alumni base is smaller than many of the other options (see # 1).

Since this is almost all about TV revenue, you could really stop the list here. For argument's sake, though, they don't bring a huge boost in recruiting to the conference that the MWC doesn't already have, or couldn't boost more by adding SMU or Houston. There would be a slight boost to the out-of-state MWC schools trying to recruit in Texas since there would be one or two Lone Star games each year, but again, that could be accomplished with SMU or Houston. Baylor does have a better overall athletic program including the other sports, but, sadly for us college baseball fans, this is very low on the list of priorities for potential conference candidates.

jadailyTCU

I'd rather have Houston or SMU than Baylor. Let Baylor play with Rice and UTEP in C-USA.

But for now, I don't see anymore Texas schools in the MWC, unless the Pac-10 takes Utah instead of Tech (in which case we grab Tech to replace Utah). I think Colorado and Tech get into the Pac-10 and we snatch up Boise, Kansas and K State and that's the end of things for the time being.

West Coast Johnny

QUOTE(D_Frog @ Jun 8 2010, 02:36 PM) [snapback]571833[/snapback]

Anyone over the age of 30 remembers the knife in the back. Call it Karma, or whatever, but Baylor deserves it. Baylor can apply for MWC membership only after Kenneth Star licks the bull [ Finebaum ]s from Boschini's boots.